Uneadet emails market as read

Why are my emails marked as read even though I haven’t seen them yet and the program just opened. So I only get to see a small part of the mails.

Do you have other devices connecting to this same email account? It could be another device marking the emails as read.

1 Like

Hello

I also have an account on my smartphone, where I only check emails when I’m on the go, I don’t experience anything like that there either.
I have multiple accounts in eMClient and it happens on all of them.
If I call up the last emails at say 10 p.m. and switch off the laptop, and start eMClient again at 7 a.m. in the morning, all the emails that have arrived in the meantime should actually be seen as unread in the unread folder. Which is also the purpose of the folder. but unfortunately most mails are read in the corresponding inboxes. I don’t have the time or desire to check all inboxes.

Excuse my English, it’s from the translator

Yes agree with @lancealot sounds like another device has access to your mail account or accounts and has read them already.

Close eM Client and go online and send an email to yourself from one of your other eg: free email addresses using webmail, and then see if your received email is read or unread online in your webmail.

If it’s still read automatically online “and you are certain you have no other devices configured with the same mail account”, then “change your mailbox password online” as could be then your mailbox has been compromised. Then change the password in eM Client and you should be fine.

If however your received email is not automatically read online in webmail and you have an IMAP, Exchange, Office 365 or iCloud (Non POP) account, then suggest to backup eM Client and remove and re-add your mail account in eM Client and see if that then fixes it.

Backup eM Client before removing any account via “Menu / Backup”. You can see when the backup is completed via “Menu / Operations”.

My smartphone only has access to one account, all other accounts are only in eMClient. However, the problem occurs in all accounts. It is also only since eMClient is installed that the problem did not occur, even with WindowsLifeMail. If I’m on the road for a longer time and only use my smartphone to read the mails from my main account, I don’t have the problem, if I leave the emClient closed and use Thunderbird, I don’t have the problem either. I only installed Thunderbird to test the problem AFTER it started.

I observed it again now, the unread window was open, an email was marked, and everything that came after that was marked as read after a while without you being called.

Check eM Client to make sure you have no rules setup to mark emails as read. Secondly, go to your eM Client “Menu->Settings->Mail->Read” settings section and play with the “Mark messages read” settings to see if adjusting any of those helps.

1 Like