Under what circumstances is the original folder name italicized after a move to another folder?

After I move a folder and its child folders to another part of the folder tree (via IMAP), the folders’ contents are moved.  But, the original folder (pre-move) remains (with content) and it’s name is italicized.  Note that the IMAP e-mail service is g-mail.  What is causing the original folder to remaining after a move?  Why is the name italicized?

Hello Alain, I’m not quite sure what you’re referring to, can you please make a screenshot of the issue and submit it to us here on the forum? What mail service are you using with eM Client and what version of eM Client are you currently using on your computer, can you please check the exact release number in Help > About?

Thank you,

I am using Google mail, em Client v6.0.23421.0.

Hi Alain,
folders can look this way when you don’t have write permission to the folder, this can happen when you attempt to delete a folder that usually still has some subfolders or something that can’t be deleted inside, and after the attempted deletion (or in this case move) the server might ‘revive’ the folder from Trash, but without giving you permissions to the folder.
Since it’s an IMAP I suggest trying to resynchronize your account first, if it doesn’t help maybe try looking if there wasn’t some faulty attempt at deleting a folder or file on the server, delete or save what you need and then resync.

Best regards,
Olivia

For my personal gmail account at home, why don’t I have permission(s) to do what I want with my folders?