uncheck local maps agenda not showing

When unchecking local folder in settings (see attachement) agenda is empty.
Why? I do not need local folders.

Hi Karel, what agenda view are you referring to, if you don’t have a calendar account and local folders are disabled you might not be able to access your calendar including the agenda view.

However if you have the sidebar agenda in mind, this agenda view is showing items setup to display, hover over the settings button next to the agenda title in the sidebar, and select the option “select folders” to include other items in the agenda.

Hope this helps,
Paul

I do not need local maps here (see attachement) but when I uncheck this in settings the agenda is empty.

Hi Karel, as I suggested, I’m not really sure what Agenda you currently have in mind. The agenda available under calendar is only available for your calendar, if you don’t have a calendar account and hide the local folders, your local calendar including the agenda won’t be available.

Regards,
Paul

What I mean is exactly this:
https://forum.emclient.com/emclient/topics/calendar_and_contact_view_without_local_folders
Post of two years ago, but thats still not possible?

Hi Karel, if you don’t have a calendar account setup in eM Client, you have to use the local calendar, under the local folders, there’s not other calendar you could use, the local folders have to be enabled even for your mail items if you want to keep using the calendar.

Regards,
Paul

Oke I understood your answer, but did you read this post?
https://forum.emclient.com/emclient/topics/calendar_and_contact_view_without_local_folders
What I mean is this, but is not possible, don not know why:

Ok, let’s see if I can explain myself better. I don’t want local folders at all, I just want to be able to see my contacts and calendar without it. With local folders disabled, I get this message “This folder contains no items and no operation can be performed” when I go to my contacts or calendar or even tasks, but what are these folders then if not the default locations for stored contacts, calendar and tasks? Why can’t I use them instead of local folders wich will be subfolders to them anyway? That could be a feature to obtain in a next version of the program. Just take a look to Windows Live Mail and you’ll see what I mean. Thanks.

To help you understand, local folders work just like another account, they have their own database input and contain another data, without having the local folders enabled it’s as simple as having no account added to the application. No account means no data, without an account you can’t use any of the services. Local folders allow you to use the service Locally.

It is not possible to use the calendar or tasks without an existing account or local folders enabled.

Regards,
Paul