Unable to verify Gmail password as Javascript is not running in browser

Have been using eM Client for quite a time and have been really impressed with it. This morning, one of my gmail accounts wanted to verify my password. After entering the correct password it displays the following

“You’ve reached this page because we have detected that Javascript is disabled in your browser. The page you attempted to load cannot display properly if scripts are disabled.
Please enable scripts and retry the operation or go back in your browser.”

I use Chrome as a browser which has javascript enabled. There is also IE on my machine that also has Javascript enabled. I am on Windows 10 and am completely up to date on all versions and patches. 

I note that there were many posts on the forum over 2 years ago, but nothing recently.

Any ideas??

i am starting to think it is time to find another email program, emclient simply do not seem to care, you raised this matter 6 days ago?

This can be a Win10 / Mozilla issue as I am still using the eM Client v6 and did not have this problem in Win7 with Mozilla pre 55 build

Jez is not using Firefox, so that is not his problem. Rather it has to do with OAuth.

Problem is now solved. I have upgraded to the latest emclient and all is OK. Google have changed their auth process which makes it incompatible with emclient versions before 7