Unable to upload message to folder "TRASH" - Unknown internal error

[IMAP] Unable to upload message “Gifts on Rob’s trial date” to folder “Trash”", ([SERVERBUG] BUG: Unknown internal error)   .

Started getting this error pop up in the operations window every time eM Client uploads to my email server. I’ve deleted the message from the local Trash folder in eM Client but still keep getting the error.

I don’t actually care about the message being uploaded or not, just want a way to stop the error appearing all the time. Any ideas?

Hi Theo,
try switching eM Client to offline mode through File>Work offline option and delete the message again, if it’s still present.
Then go check your server and see if the message is there - if so, delete it there.
Go back to eM Client and turn it back to online mode and see if the issue persists.

Regards,
Olivia

Hi Olivia,

Thanks for your response. The message is totally gone from within eM Client as far as I can tell, I’ve searched in Trash, Junk, Inbox, and done a search in all folders and nothing comes up. This is the case even in offline mode.

Hi Theo,
and do you still experience this error? If so, you will need to contact your mail provider, as the error is on your mail server probably and not in eM Client.

Regards,
Olivia

Hi Olivia,
I’ve never had this happen with another mail client, and it’s an eM Client error. When I use Thunderbird, android mail or my mail providor’s webmail there are no errors. I have asked the mail provider but they said they it is not an error to do with them and they do not know what the error code means. 

Thanks,
Theo

Hi Theo,
very strange, could you copy the whole content of Tools>Operations>Log here when this error pops up again?

Regards,
Olivia

I have the same thing happening. Different files multiple times per day with multiple files. How was this resolved? My issue is with moving files to Junk

Hi Fred,
have you tried the tips above? If so, and none work, please provide the log.

Regards,
Olivia

Yes, I have. I also have no problems with other clients. This is beyond frustrating as it happens many times daily and am about to bail. Always going to the Junk folder. Thankfully I found this before purchasing the pro version to handle all of my accounts. Where do I send the log file?

Hi Fred,
either copy it here or send it to [email protected], but attach a link to this forum topic in the message body so I can get back to you.

Regards,
Olivia

I will send you the log and a link to here. I would prefer not to broadcast my email address. I get enough SPAM already. Thanks for your help. BTW, other than this one issue I’m really liking the program.

Hi Fred,
I received the logs, thank you.
Unfortunately it does not contain any closer information and seems to be a purely Server-side issue.
Please contact your mail server provider to ask them for more details on the issue or to solve this, as we do not have access to the details of the problems to solve the issue.

Regards,
Olivia

It does not happen with any of my other clients so I doubt it is a server related issue.

I’ve also discovered the extremely unfriendly event time entry method in the calendar. It insists on changing either the start or end time as I try to enter the other one.

I like the lay-out and appearance but these nuisances are deal breakers. Uninstalling.

I’m assuming this won’t help either if Fred’s didn’t but I’ll copy it anyway. I’ve blanked out the email address for privacy. I’ve emailed my email provider about it and they have no idea what the issue is

It’s an eM Client error and if ‘Unknown internal error’ is the only thing I can give them to go on, I don’t see how they could possibly be expected to know what the error is or offer a solution. As Fred said, it’s an error that only happens in eM Client so it’s not a server error. 

Is there not just a general way to turn off errors being shown every time?

13:21:28 Online state: changed to online due to NetworkAvailability 13:21:30 theo*******@******.com [IMAP]  Uploading messages: To folder theo*******@******.com/Trash
13:21:30 theo*******@******.com [IMAP]  Synchronizing subfolders: For folder theo*******@******.com/
13:21:31 theo*******@******.com [IMAP]  Synchronizing subfolders: Done
13:21:31 theo*******@******.com [IMAP]  Synchronizing subfolders: For folder theo*******@******.com/[Google Mail]
13:21:31 theo*******@******.com [IMAP]  MailExceptions.OperationException: Unable to upload message “Gifts on Rob’s trial date” to folder “Trash”. ([SERVERBUG] BUG: Unknown internal error)
13:21:31 theo*******@******.com [IMAP]  Uploading messages: Done
13:21:31 theo*******@******.com [IMAP]  Synchronizing message flags: For folder theo*******@******.com/Trash
13:21:31 theo*******@******.com [IMAP]  Synchronizing message flags: Done
13:21:31 theo*******@******.com [IMAP]  Synchronizing subfolders: Done
13:21:31 theo*******@******.com [IMAP]  Synchronizing messages: For folder theo*******@******.com/Inbox
13:21:31 theo*******@******.com [IMAP]  Synchronizing messages: Done

Hello Theo,
you can disable the error pop ups in Tools>Settings>General under the Operations window options.
But the error should be server related, because you are obviously trying to upload something to the server that the server is rejecting.
Have you recently moved some data from your local folders to the server? Do they show up on the server?

Regards,
Olivia

As you can see in the log, it is a message trying to be moved to the Trash folder on the server. However, this is one specific message from months ago that didn’t seem any different to the many emails I move to the Trash folder every day. The server works fine for everything else, and I don’t care about where the email ends up as it is junk. I just want to make eM Client stop trying to move it over and over and just delete it.