Unable to Start Program

I have been an eM Client for many years and am very happy with it! However, since yesterday I have not been able to start the program. When I double click on the icon, it brings up the opening page. It circles a while and then nothing. When I hover over the icon in the task bar, it shows a black screen. When I click on the icon in the task bar nothing happens.
I am using Windows 10. I have deleted it and reinstalled it several times with the result unchanged. I don’t know what else I can do.

Try uninstalling eM Client and when asked to delete database choose “No” to keep the database.

Then manually delete the “eM Client” folder located in C:\Program Files (x86)

Finally reinstall the latest version from https://www.emclient.com/release-history

1 Like

Thanks for your suggestion. However it made no difference.

Try starting eM Client with a blank database.

To do that, at the command prompt, type in:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\eM Client\MailClient.exe" /dblocation C:\1\

If that works, then there may be an issue with your database, in which case you will need to delete the database and start again.

Hi Gary,
Thanks for your suggestion. Although I couldn’t get the command prompt to work, I decided to delete the database (nothing to lose) when asked. When I reloaded the program it worked (thank you !!!).

However, I now have another problem and I am hoping you can help. I am being asked for a password to go with my user name (=email address). I don’t know what password is required em Client, Gmail or something else. Nothing seems to work.

I really hope you can help. Thanks,
Peter

Another person suggested that the database may be corrupt and I should delete it. When I did this the install worked!!

However, I now have another problem. I am being asked for a password to go with my user name (=email address). I don’t know what password is required em Client, Gmail or something else. Nothing seems to work.

I really hope you can help. Thanks,
Peter

Hi Gary,
I solved the problem.
Thanks again for your help.
Peter

1 Like

I solved the problem.
Thanks for your help.
Peter