Unable to send more than one attachment at a time ver 9.2.1735

A message with one attachment is sending fine.
A message with two or more just gets stuck in the outbox.
emclient ver 9.2.1735

This pc used to be ok. I have access to another one running v8.2.1721 and is is also fine with sending many attachments (using the same email account as the problem one).

Grateful for any help
Paul

jueves 22 junio 2023 :: 1248hrs (UTC +0100)

[quote=“Moyners, post:1, topic:90742”]
A message with one attachment is sending fine.
A message with two or more just gets stuck in the outbox.
emclient ver 9.2.1735
[/I just ran a test on two different computers both with eMC ver 9.2.1735
Win 10 & 11 Pro with 5 attachments & 6 respectively and no issues - a combination of zip, pdf, jpg, png, docx files.
So sorry I can not help.

skybat

¡Suerte!

¡Los mejores desde Valencia la soleada y mantente a salvo!

[email protected]

Hablo español, luego portugués, inglés, francés y alemán
con conocimiento de varios otros idiomas.quote]

There will be an SMTP error in Menu > Operations > Log tab. It should give more information why the message could not be sent.

Thanks Gary, I have already looked there (maybe I should have mentioned), there are no pending operations, no errors and the log just lists all the folders synchronising with Exchange Web Services.

Sometimes mail attachments can get stuck due to eg: they are getting scanned by optionally installed Antivirus programs running resident. So if you have anything like that, completely disable it to test.

Other programs that can sometimes interfere with email clients are eg: Optionally installed firewall / security programs or VPNs. So if you have anything like that, completely disable those to test as well incase of any interference.

I thought this was resolved - messages were flowing after I uninstalled the AVG anti virus on the Win10 PC and turned on MSoft’s Defender (is that what it’s called?). It was only OK for a few weeks and now messages with two or more attachments are again getting stuck in the outbox.

I checked the Office365 account using webmail and cleared out some space (it was 92% full). I checked that I could create a message with the same attachments as the message that we found was stuck. It got sent OK by webmail.

I don’t know what else to try. There are no errors reported and I can watch the sync operation seemingly complete.

I’d appreciate any further suggestions. Thank you.

If the message is stuck in the Outbox, there will be an error.

Go to Menu > Operations > Log tab. As you are using Exchange and not SMTP, look for an Exchange Web Services error. It should give more information why the message could not be sent.

There is no error shown whenever the send/receive happens.

And I can reproduce the problem by writing a fresh message … it’s not just one problem message getting stuck in the outbox.