Unable to send emails using any account

EMC Version: 9.2.1577 (9f64452)

Hi,

All these months, everything was fine, but from the past few days, EMC, all of a sudden, is unable to send emails using Outlook, Gmail or Yahoo.

The messages are stored in the Outbox folder and no matter how many times I try to resend, it never works. Besides, the messages in the Outbox folder do not sync with the Outlook account and hence there is no possibility to compose the message on the laptop and then send it from the smartphone.

Initially, I thought it was a problem with my age-old Dell laptop, and I anyway had to purchase a new laptop. So, I purchased an HP laptop, but still the same thing.

I tried disabling Windows Defender, Malwarebytes, AdGuard, but to no avail.

Surprisingly, I am able to send emails from:

i. Outlook app installed on my smartphone.
ii. Windows 11 Mail app installed on my HP laptop.
iii. Mailbird app which I recently installed on HP laptop to debug the issue.

The Server Settings are:

IMAP:
imap-mail.outlook.com
Use SSL/TLS on special port (legacy)

SMTP:
smtp-mail.outlook.com
Force usage of SSL/TLS

Please find the logs that I copied after EMC attempted to send email:

20:05:52 [email protected] SMTP Connecting: To [email protected]
20:06:20 [email protected] [SMTP] MailClient.Accounts.AuthenticationAbortedException: Authentication aborted
at MailClient.Protocols.Smtp.SmtpSendCommand.Authenticate(WorkerStatus status)
at MailClient.Protocols.Smtp.SmtpSendCommand.Connect(WorkerStatus status)
at MailClient.Protocols.Smtp.SmtpSendCommand.Execute(WorkerStatus status)
at MailClient.Commands.Command.Process(WorkerStatus status)
EnqueuedStackTrace =
at MailClient.Protocols.Smtp.SmtpAccount.<>c__DisplayClass3_0.b__0()
at MailClient.Protocols.Common.AccountBase.RunIfOnline(Action actionIfOnline, Action actionIfOffline)
at MailClient.Protocols.Smtp.SmtpAccount.SendAsync(IEnumerable1 items, Action1 sentItem, Action1 completed, CancellationToken cancellationToken) at MailClient.Accounts.BindingAccountBase.SendInternal() at MailClient.Accounts.BindingAccountBase.Send() at MailClient.UI.Forms.formSendMail.<>c__DisplayClass438_4.<Send>b__7(CancellationToken cancellationToken) at MailClient.UI.LongOperationService.<>c__DisplayClass9_0.<MailClient.UI.ILongOperationService.InitOperation>b__0(CancellationToken ct) at MailClient.UI.LongOperationService.<>c__DisplayClass15_01.<b__0>d.MoveNext()
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.AsyncMethodBuilderCore.Start[TStateMachine](TStateMachine& stateMachine)
at MailClient.UI.LongOperationService.<>c__DisplayClass15_01.<InitOperation>b__0() at System.Threading.Tasks.Task1.InnerInvoke()
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.<>c.<.cctor>b__272_0(Object obj)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunFromThreadPoolDispatchLoop(Thread threadPoolThread, ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ExecuteWithThreadLocal(Task& currentTaskSlot, Thread threadPoolThread)
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ExecuteFromThreadPool(Thread threadPoolThread)
at System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch()
at System.Threading.PortableThreadPool.WorkerThread.WorkerThreadStart()
at System.Threading.Thread.StartCallback()
GUIStatus_Exception_Reported = True

20:09:29 [email protected] SMTP Connecting: To [email protected]
20:09:59 [email protected] [SMTP] MailClient.Accounts.AuthenticationAbortedException: Authentication aborted
at MailClient.Protocols.Smtp.SmtpSendCommand.Authenticate(WorkerStatus status)
at MailClient.Protocols.Smtp.SmtpSendCommand.Connect(WorkerStatus status)
at MailClient.Protocols.Smtp.SmtpSendCommand.Execute(WorkerStatus status)
at MailClient.Commands.Command.Process(WorkerStatus status)
EnqueuedStackTrace =
at MailClient.Protocols.Smtp.SmtpAccount.<>c__DisplayClass3_0.b__0()
at MailClient.Protocols.Common.AccountBase.RunIfOnline(Action actionIfOnline, Action actionIfOffline)
at MailClient.Protocols.Smtp.SmtpAccount.SendAsync(IEnumerable1 items, Action1 sentItem, Action1 completed, CancellationToken cancellationToken) at MailClient.Accounts.BindingAccountBase.SendInternal() at MailClient.Accounts.BindingAccountBase.Send() at MailClient.UI.Forms.formSendMail.<>c__DisplayClass438_4.<Send>b__7(CancellationToken cancellationToken) at MailClient.UI.LongOperationService.<>c__DisplayClass9_0.<MailClient.UI.ILongOperationService.InitOperation>b__0(CancellationToken ct) at MailClient.UI.LongOperationService.<>c__DisplayClass15_01.<b__0>d.MoveNext()
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.AsyncMethodBuilderCore.Start[TStateMachine](TStateMachine& stateMachine)
at MailClient.UI.LongOperationService.<>c__DisplayClass15_01.<InitOperation>b__0() at System.Threading.Tasks.Task1.InnerInvoke()
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.<>c.<.cctor>b__272_0(Object obj)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunFromThreadPoolDispatchLoop(Thread threadPoolThread, ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ExecuteWithThreadLocal(Task& currentTaskSlot, Thread threadPoolThread)
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ExecuteFromThreadPool(Thread threadPoolThread)
at System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch()
at System.Threading.PortableThreadPool.WorkerThread.WorkerThreadStart()
at System.Threading.Thread.StartCallback()
GUIStatus_Exception_Reported = True

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Try updating eMC to the latest version!!

Yes. Specifically this version…

Also, try the Refresh button and see if that sends the pending mail from the Outbox (someone mentioned recently that it fixed their issue)

Yes, this error you have given means you are not using the version that @sunriseal and @HPlaptopuser suggested.

Please upgrade to that version, which you can get here.

Had exactly the same problem as OP had, tried that and it worked for me! :slight_smile:
Thanks a lot folks!

Hi Guys,
I had the same problem but I was already using v9.2.1628
I had to go to:-
Menu:
Accounts:
and turn on AirSync
All is now working well.

Thanks everyone, I installed EMC v9.2.1628, and it worked like a charm.

The only issue I faced when installing the latest version, that it wouldn’t install, possibly because the previous version was already installed. So, I uninstalled the earlier version of EMC (without deleting the data folder) and then installed the latest version.

All the test mails that were pending in the Outbox folder fired up as soon as I launched EMC.

Once again, thanks a million.

P.S. Before opening a new topic in this forum, I did a thorough research and did come across similar threads, but they all were dated back in 2021. I don’t understand why I didn’t find the blog entry.

@AlokSharma

Before opening a new topic in this forum, I did a thorough research and did come across similar threads, but they all were dated back in 2021. I don’t understand why I didn’t find the blog entry.

All the eM Client blogs are under the following URL.

https://www.emclient.com/blog

Yes, I now have bookmarked this link.

1 Like