unable to make eM client my default eMail

Hi Paul, I was just commenting on someone who mentioned this as a possible solution. Here is what my problem is.  I have Windows 7 - eM all updated versiosn 6.020320 - It looks like I have eM as my default - when i go into defaults and highlight eM it says “this program has all its defaults”  yet any time I am on a page where there is a link for email I can’t open it under eM - it shows up there with my two other email services (they work if I click on the link) but eM Client not only doesn’t open  but if I click on the link my screen flickers and it causes havoc.  I actually at first would get an error message saying “default mail client not properly installed.”

Hi again Pat, sorry didn’t notice that, so do you still have an issue with the installation or making the client the default application?

Thank you,
Paul.

Yes problem still exists but maybe it has nothing to do with the default option? I thought it might at first.  I cannot click on any email link from other sites.  When I do, three email options come up - if I click on eM my screen flickers a bunch of times, I get the “could not perform this operation because the default mail client is not properly installed” error.  But what’s worse is that it somehow messes up Internet Explorer (even though I am using Firefox). I get multiple (in excess of 50) entries under IE saying “Navigation Canceled - Internet Explorer” and I have to completely reboot computer and use a force shutdown.  I am having NO other issues with eM Client. When I was using Outlook Express on previous computer  I would click on an  outside email link and it would automatically open to IE (which was my default) and not give me options for the other two emails. This is why I thought it might be some type of default problem.

Hi again, can you please send me an email to [email protected] I believe we already have a fix for this issue, I will send you a file that should fix this.

Thank you,
Paul.

excellent, thank you

No problem, hope the solution works, if not let us know and if you encounter any other issues, let us know as well, we’ll be happy to help.

Thank you,
Paul.

That worked!  Thank you so much Paul!!!

Thanks for the update, glad it worked, as mentioned previously, let me know if you come across any other questions or issues.

Thank you,
Paul.

I initiated a new post with a similar problem related to Acrobat.  Would the fix described work for me too.  If so, I need the “file” mentioned. or instructions on creating an “association”.