Unable to input Chinese in inbox and contacts search bar, calendar, and new mail subject + addressee

Hi Frederick, can you please check the input behavior in Internet Explorer? I believe you will see the exact same input as in eM Client. eM Client is built on some Internet Explorer’s components and this of course affects the behavior of other features, unfortunately we can not change the input’s behavior at is not a tool developed by eM Client.

However we’re currently working on an upcoming release which won’t be using IE’s core for some of it’s features and should resolve these types of issues.

Regards,
Paul.

You must be joking. Here’s the video. The behavior with IE is exactly the same with the one with Explorer.

Input behavior in Internet Explorer and Windows explorer is same, while em client is different.

One month has passed and how about the bug now? I would have bought a license if the bug had been fixed quickly.

Hi again Frederick, this is not an issue of the application, the input for Chinese/Japanese characters is using a different method than what you’re used to from Internet Explorer or Windows Explorer. We’ll consider improving this for future releases of eM client.

If you experience any issues using the current input, let us know however we believe all the input types should be working when using eM client, hope you can manage to use the current setup.

Regards,
Paul

hi, everybody. I found this topics because I met the same problem with em-client 7( dev. 26687) on win 7 with google Chinese input method. When I compose a letter, I cannot activate the input method in all the input box.