Unable to get eM Client to download my email from the server.

I am unable to get eM Client to download my email from the server. It downloaded all of my folders and contacts without problem. I can send mail without problem., but am unable to download my mail. Attached is the log, but I don’t understand what it is telling me. I have verified all of the account information several times but still the same thing happens. Please help me understand and correct this issue. Thank you .

2:43:39 PM Dick  [AirSync]  Synchronizing folder list2:43:39 PM Linda  [AirSync]  Synchronizing folder list
2:43:40 PM Linda  [AirSync]  Synchronizing folder ‘Linda /Archives/’
2:43:40 PM Dick  [AirSync]  Synchronizing folder ‘Dick /Ancestry/’
2:43:40 PM Dick  [AirSync]  MailExceptions.ConnectionException: Found invalid data while decoding. —> System.IO.InvalidDataException: Found invalid data while decoding.
2:43:40 PM    at MailClient.Protocols.AirSync.AirSyncItemSynchronizer2.GetSyncKey(Folder folder, IItemContext context, CancellationToken cancellationToken) 2:43:40 PM &nbsp; &nbsp;at MailClient.Protocols.AirSync.AirSyncItemSynchronizer2.Synchronize(IItemSynchronizeContext1 synchronizeContext, Folder folder, CancellationToken cancellationToken) 2:43:40 PM &nbsp; &nbsp;at MailClient.Protocols.Common.ItemSynchronizer2.<>c__DisplayClass2e.<>c__DisplayClass33.b__2a(WorkerStatus status, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
2:43:40 PM at MailClient.Protocols.AirSync.AirSyncGenericCommand.Execute(WorkerStatus status)
2:43:40 PM — End of inner exception stack trace —
2:43:40 PM at MailClient.Protocols.AirSync.AirSyncGenericCommand.Execute(WorkerStatus status)
2:43:40 PM at MailClient.Commands.Command.Process(WorkerStatus status)
2:43:40 PM Linda [AirSync] MailExceptions.ConnectionException: Found invalid data while decoding. —> System.IO.InvalidDataException: Found invalid data while decoding.
2:43:40 PM at MailClient.Protocols.AirSync.AirSyncItemSynchronizer2.GetSyncKey(Folder folder, IItemContext context, CancellationToken cancellationToken)<br>2:43:40 PM at MailClient.Protocols.AirSync.AirSyncItemSynchronizer2.Synchronize(IItemSynchronizeContext1 synchronizeContext, Folder folder, CancellationToken cancellationToken)<br>2:43:40 PM at MailClient.Protocols.Common.ItemSynchronizer2.<>c__DisplayClass2e.<>c DisplayClass33.b 2a(WorkerStatus status, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
2:43:40 PM — End of inner exception stack trace —

Hello Linda,
the issue is that Microsoft is discontinuing support of AirSync mail protocol for its hotmail/msn/outlook accounts. Some servers can still work using this protocol, but other can no longer be connected to this way.
You can either try and go to Tools>Accounts section and set your server for these accounts as s.hotmail.com.
If that does not work either, you will need to setup your accounts again using IMAP.

To set up your accounts as IMAP, use the Nex Account option in the Accounts section, but instead of automatic setup choose Mail>Other.
Choose IMAP and set your incoming server as imap-mail.outlook.com and out outgoing as smtp-mail.outlook.com.

Regards,
Olivia

Thanks that got the mail working.  I deleted the original mail account set up and am now using the two new accounts I set up as IMAP.  Looks like mail is coming in fine.  HOWEVER, in the process I lost all of my contacts.  Can I import them from another mail client (Thunderbird) into eM Client, if so how do I do that.  Once again thank you so very much for getting this running.  The IMAP solution is what worked.

Hello Linda,
unfortunately the IMAP solution indeed only works for mail and cannot synchronize contacts.
If you can export your contacts into VCF or CSV files, you should be able to easily import them using the File>Import options. (Exporting into these would depend on the other clients you are using, in Thuderbird that would be Tools > Export > Select Comma Separated (*.csv) from the Format drop-down box and Save the file. Then import this file in eM client).

Regards,
Olivia