unable to connect to remote server

When I attempt to activate the software using the license key provided, I get the message “A problem has occurred when contacting the licensing server. Unable to connect to the remote server”. How do I proceed from here - I don’t think it’s anything to do with my internet connection.

Hello Richard, are you using any security software on your computer? Can you try to temporarily disable the security elements on your computer or in your network and check if the issue persists? Unfortunately it seems the application is unable to check it’s license on our server available at http://licensing.emclient.com/ or at Port 80, check if you’re able to access the server address in your browser and make sure the connection to the site or port isn’t blocked.

Regards,

I can contact the licensing server (it asks me to logon, which I can’t). I have turned off my anti-virus software and the problem persists. Tried turning off the Windows firewall - no effect.

Hello Richard, sorry to see this, I’m not quite sure what might be causing this issue, we’re not currently experiencing any issues with the licensing server, if you’re having issues with contacting the licensing server, please try to deactivate and re-activate the license using your activation key, if the issue persists, please navigate to Help > About and press Ctrl+U, copy the Update URL that will be displayed and submit it to my work mail, [email protected] with a reference link to this forum topic.

Also please include information about your license, either the registration email address or the activation key, you’re using for eM Client.

Thank you,