Unable to add gmail account.

Before purchasing the Pro version, I’d like to use the trial to see if it fits my needs.  I’ve installed Version 7.0.26687.0 and am trying to add my Gmail account, but I am getting an IMAP error that reads as follows:

[IMAP] An attempt to connect to [email protected] failed.  This could be temporary server unavailability or incorrect settings.  Do you want to check the settings?

If I say Yes and select the Diagnostics tab, the ‘Diagnose’ button is grey’d out.  

I have verified from Google’s site that the IMAP and SMTP values are correct.  I have 2-step verification enabled, so I thought I might need an app-specific password.  But after generating one and trying to add my Gmail once again, it complained that the password was invalid for the email I was attempting to use (tried this twice - same thing).  The only password that gets me beyond this stage is my true Google password (at which time I am prompted to add the pin-code sent to my phone).  

Oddly enough, my Contacts are being added to eM Client as are my Calendars and Tasks, so it is connecting with my Gmail at some level.

Any support for this would be appreciated.

Hello Andrew,

Thank you for your feedback. It seems like there really is some problem with the 2-step verification, we are looking into it.

Thank you for looking into this.  I am hopeful that the problem can be remedied before the current discount promotion expires.

If your calendars and tasks are synchronized then it’s very likely that the access is blocked by some antivirus or firewall application, either on your computer or on your network.

It looks like it’s something blocking access on my corporate network.  I’ve logged in from home and it connected without issue, even with the corporate vpn up.

Thanks!