Tyring to send mail

I have transposed the information from my Windows Live account properties but I cannot send mail, it receives but refuses to send or provide any error messages. I have changed the port information to that provided by Live but some of the questions relating to authentication are difficult to cross correlate. I was going to upgrade as I need three email accounts but the lack of info is telling me no…

The best way to setup an account in eM Client is by using the Automatic Setup. That should use the correct settings.

But if that does not work, or you want to change something, go to Menu > Tools > Accounts and make sure you have the correct security policy for the port recommended by your provider.

SMTP
Port 587 = Force usage of SSL/TLS
Port 25 = Use SSL/TLS if available
Port 465 = Use SSL/TLS on special port (legacy)

IMAP
Port 993 = Use SSL/TLS on special port (legacy)
Port 143 = Use SSL/TLS if available

POP3
Port 995 = Use SSL/TLS on special port (legacy)
Port 110 = Use SSL/TLS if available

These are the correct combinations of port and security policy. The underlined ones are the best option for security if your server supports them. SMTP port 465 was reassigned and should no longer be used for SMTP, though many mail providers still recommend and use it.

If that does not help, then disable your anti-virus application and try again.

Thanks I’ll give it a go. My account is in the Caribbean and auto set up never seems to work, it seems to be a copy across from your old platform but its down to interpreting different phraseology 465 is on my existing working machine. I will try my aol account on auto 

I tried changing the settings as you suggest and have got my Turks & Caicos address working. I loaded my AOL address and while it appears on the accounts it does not even appear on the left under my original email account, weird

It won’t appear in the left pane until it has connected for the first time. The reason could be incorrect user credentials or settings.