Two suggestions

1. I often need to copy text from a mail but currently have to “pretend” to forward a mail to be able to copy the text.  It would be far more useful to be able to copy text from the preview screen or even an open mail.
  2. I sometimes want to attach a mail to another but I do not think that this is possible.  Could this capability be added?

Thanks

Hi David,
you should be able to copy the text from the open mail or the mail preview, using both right-click>Copy or shortcut option.
Also, do you mean attaching the mail as an attachment? There is no implemented feature for that, but if you drag and drop the email from eM Client to your documents, for example, than it is saved as an EML file that you can add as an attachment to your new message.

Regards,
Olivia

Thanks for the reply Olivia. I can block the text and the right click offers “copy” but the text is not copied to the clipboard (Windows 10).  Only when I take a message and select “forward” can I copy and paste text.

If I drag and drop a message to, say, MS word, only the header text is pasted in.  There is no embedded copy of the message.

Rgds

David

Hi Olivia, any response?
Rgds

Hi David,
can you send us an eml file of an email from which you can’t copy? Because this is a really strange issue.
Also please try and see if your Internet Explorer is up to date. (and I really mean IE, not Edge).

As for the drag and drop, you need to move it to a folder/desktop. It will be saved as an EML file.

Regards,
Olivia

Hi Olivia,

I couldn’t see how to send you an EML file so I have sent you a link:

I have IE 11.0.22. I am using Windows 7

Regards

Hi David,
I apologise, I forgot to include my address. I got the file now and deleted the link to it, thank you.

I can copy from the open message just fine… can you please check if you can use the copy and paste in Internet Explorer on any page, please?
Also, you previously mentioned you use Win 10 and not that you use Win 7… do you experience the problem in both of these systems?

Still waiting…

Hello David,
I replied to one of your posts above that you seemed to over look and didnt reply to my questions:

“I can copy from the open message just fine… can you please check if you can use the copy and paste in Internet Explorer on any page, please?
Also, you previously mentioned you use Win 10 and now that you use Win 7… do you experience the problem in both of these systems?”

Regards,
Olivia

Sorry, didn’t realize how the thread flowed! I always looked at the end for responses :-).

Sorry also for the Windows 10 reference.  It was a mistake.  I only use eM client with Windows 7 .

I have no problem coppying and pasting from IE.

Regards

David

Hello David,
seems like we found the possible cause of this issue, it’s actually an IE security setting that needs to be changed.
Open IE and go to Tools>Internet Options and under the Security tab click the ‘Custom level…’ tab. Then find the ‘Allow Programmatic clipboard access’ under Scripting.
This should allow eM Client to save information to the Clipboard.

Regards,
Olivia

Hi Olivia, Now that sounded really promissing - until I found that it was already enabled :frowning:

Regards

David

Hi Olivia, what’s next?

Regards

David

Hi David,
we’re trying to figure out what else could be blocking this function.
I’m sorry for the inconvenience.

Regards,
Olivia

Hi Olivia, any progress?  It’s driving me nuts copying text from mails only to find that I am pasting stuff in from a previous copy!

Thanks

David

Hi Olivia,  Haven’t heard from you for a while but thought I would let you know that I installed the latest software update this morning but the problem still persists.  Could you please keep looking at this?

Thanks, David

Hello David,
we are looking for options, but we didn’t find any other reason why this would be happening, so there are no news for this issue.
I’m very sorry for the inconvenience.

regards,
Olivia