Two accounts - can create New mail only from one

Hi,
I have two accounts on my free eMclient - gmail and outlook.
No matter what account is selected, I can only create new mail in gmail.

There is another peculiarity - the gmail refresh circle is rotating all the time.

Could someone help please

I have two accounts on my free eMclient - gmail and outlook. No matter what account is selected, I can only create new mail in gmail

Sounds like you may not have Airsync enabled in your Outlook account.

Go to “Menu / Accounts” (Pc) or “eM Client / Accounts” (Mac) and select your account on the left. Then click the “General tab” along the top. Then in “Services” part way down see if you have ticked the box marked AirSync…If you haven’t, check that box and then save accounts.

There is another peculiarity - the gmail refresh circle is rotating all the time.

If this is a brand new Gmail IMAP account just added recently, eM Client could be still syncing server mail depending on the size of your server mailbox. Click “Show Operations” via the drop-down arrow on the right of Refresh at the top left and see if your Gmail account is still syncing.

However if it’s already been fully synced suggest to to just close eM Client and reboot your computer. Might be possible something running resident in the background causing the delay.

Thanks cyberzork for the Airsync tip - it fixed the problem.
I do not use any email account on any portable device, so it did not occur to me that it should be selected.

Regarding the constant gmail refresh - it is not a new account, it happens from time to time, but this time it went on for hours and hours.
This morning when I switched my PC on it was again constantly refreshing, when I looked at the “Show Operation” it was downloading. Messages were downloaded OK.
It later stopped by itself, and has been behaving normally for some time now.

Thanks again