Turn off Tasks sync in Exchange account sync

Well, my eMClient crashed again, but this time without my Exchange account enabled. Here is a link to the new dump file.

http://www.dkpeppard.net/files/eMClientDump05-30-2014.dmp.zip

Client just crashed again, but unfortunately the error window is all black and I cannot see any buttons to show the error, or copy in the error code. :frowning: This has been the case on this version whenever I do have a crash.

I am using version 6.0.20224.0.

Just following up to see if either of the log files I provided helped determine the issue? This version of the client continues to crash about every 2-3 days.

Let me know. Thanks!

Well, my client continues crashing so I decided to just go to the main web page and download the ‘official’ release, which I figured would downgrade me from 6.202224.0. Ends up, the download version on the main web page is version 6.0.20320.0, which is obviously newer.

I did not realize there was a newer version of eMClient. I even did Help\Check for Updates and the client stated there was no newer version.

We’ll see how this newer version runs.

Hi, unfortunately we weren’t able to open the dump file you’ve sent us so we don’t have any more information about the crash, the version on the website was only available to new users and wasn’t pushed as an update, there should be an important update soon, so maybe that will help eventually.

But if the application crashes with your current version please try to make another dump file so we can get more information about the crash.

Thank you,
Paul.

I posted two different dump files. You could not open either of them? 

I will report back on how this newer version performs, and if crashes continue.

Hi again, please if the crashes persist and keep occurring with the new version, please try to make another dump file, and send it to us.

Thank you, sorry for the inconvenience,
Paul.

Ok, I will create another dump file if a crash occurs. 

Since you could not open either of the other ones I posted, I will terminate the links as well.

Thank you for your continued assistance.

Ok, crashed happened with the new 6.0.20320.0 client. Here is the dump file for you to download, per your request.

http://www.dkpeppard.net/files/eMClientDump06-06-2014.dmp.gz

Let me know what you find. Thanks. :slight_smile:

Client just crashed again. I ran another dump file, if needed. Curious if you see anything.

I went ahead and disabled my Exchange account to see if that helps with this new version.

Client crashed yet again. Seems to be crashing every 1-2 days now. It is crashing to the point where I cannot even rely on eMClient for my email.

Is there anything else I can do or check? I certainly do not want to switch to using another email client. 

I will post the last two dump files for you to review as soon as I can. I hope that between all the files I have posted you will be able to determine something.

Let me know. Thank you.

EDIT: Also, my Windows Event Logs report nothing about eMClient.

Hi again, we’ve downloaded the latest dump provided, which we successfully opened and could take a look at.
We’ve found out that you’re running a BitDefender antivirus, that’s somehow intruding into our application, can you please try disabling this application, to test out if that might be causing the issue?

Thank you,
Paul.

Here are the most recent dump files. One from 6/7/2014 and one from this morning, 6/9/2014.

http://www.dkpeppard.net/files/eMClientDump06-07-2014.dmp.gz
http://www.dkpeppard.net/files/eMClientDump06-09-2014.dmp.gz

Paul,

Thank you for the response. Bit Defender is my antivirus software. I cannot disable that software, otherwise my machine would be vulnerable to attacks.

Can you please tell me what files I should make an exception for in my antivirus and I can do that?

Let me know. Thank you.

EDIT: Actually, I just uninstalled BitDefender and installed Symantec 360. Let’s see how that plays with eMClient.

Thank you again for all the help.

Hi again, I believe you should be able to disable the antivirus temporarily to see if that’s really the cause of the issue.
I believe you would have to turn off searching through the whole eM Client folder as it is really not possible to determine what exactly is your antivirus doing when the application crashes.

Another suggestion would be trying to change your antivirus software.

Thank you,
Paul.

Actually, I just uninstalled BitDefender and installed Symantec 360. Let’s see how that plays with eMClient.

Hi, I believe that was the right choice, I hope the application will be stable now, but if not or if you come across any other issue, let me know, I’ll be happy to help.

Thank you,
Paul.

I certainly will provide an update over the next few days after I see how Symantec plays with eMClient.

No problem, hope no more issues will occur.

Paul.

Just an update, been four days since I switched from BitDefender to Norton Internet Security Online and I have had no crashes with eMClient.

I will continue to keep you posted. :slight_smile: