Tried restoring database but still get error

I have the emClient database files and have tried copying the database folder in appdata\roaming to my new computer but I receive the following error when emClient tries to start up

System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteException (0x80004005): SQL logic error or missing database
   at MailClient.Storage.Data.BlobStream.Create(IDbConnection connection, String databaseName, String tableName, String columnName, Int64 rowId, Boolean readOnly)
   at MailClient.Storage.Data.DatabaseCopyTool.CopyContents(Table table, Boolean sortDesc)
   at MailClient.Storage.Data.DatabaseCopyTool.CopyTableData(Table table)
   at MailClient.Storage.Data.DatabaseCopyTool.CopyInternal(String specificTable, Boolean copyIndexesViewsAndTriggers)
   at DbRepair.CorruptionChecker.CheckCorruption(RepairOptions repairOptions, CancellationToken token)
   at DbRepair.CheckingProcess.Check(CancellationToken token)
Data:
Table: LocalMailContents
databaseFile: e5a0036b-8608-44f8-92d1-b0a752fa4cba\e18ff9ea-f390-412e-8ffe-a6516b8a07c3\mail_data.dat

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Carl Evans

You want to copy the complete C:\Users_username_\AppData\Roaming\eM Client\ folder and all its subfolders and contents.

If copying it manually is not working for you, use eM Client’s backup function on the old computer, and restore it on the new one.

I did copy the entire em Client folder and all subfolders from an external backup.  Unfortunately, I do not have access to the old computer because I’m in the process of reinstalling Windows 10 because a clean install was the only way to accomplish the upgrade to build 1709.  Is there a way to determine what version of em Client was installed from the database files?

In the eM Client backup zip, there is a file called manifest.xml. You can open that with any text editor and you will see a tag which states the version of eM Client that was used to make the backup. The version shouldn’t make any difference, unless it was version 6 and you now have version 7. But then you would not get that error.

If your backup was made using another application, and eM Client was open during the backup, the files probably will not be of much use because most backup applications skip open files.