Trash folder in free version

I am surprised to see my Trash being empty. In the free version, is there no saving of deleted items in the Trash folder?

Hello,
what version of eM CLient are you using? How do you delete emails? Do you have set any rule?

Thanks, George!
I’m using eM Client 4.0.14479.0.

To delete, I select the e-mail and click the X-Delete button.

No, I haven’t set any rules, yet. I looked for an option for Trash in the Tools > Settings, and didn’t see one there.

I look forward to your instructions of how to keep items in my Trash – until I delete them manually or some other way.

Lucy

I’m having the same problem ever since I started using this program.

George,
Can you answer our question: in the free version, is there no way to save trashed e-mails in the trash?
Lucy

Hello,
sorry for the delayed reply - any functionality allowing to empty the trash automatically is not implemented in eM Client. It must be a server issue.
e.g. Gmail permanently deletes the messages in the Trash folder after 30 days.

Hi George,
Thank you. Something has been fixed since I asked you this question. I don’t know how, but I’m glad. I now have my trashed items saved in my Trash (folder). I don’t remember changing my system. But is the difference that in POP mail, the trash is left on the server (and so can be lost if it’s with Gmail), and in IMAP the trash items have been moved to my hard drive?
Thanks.
Lucy

It is exactly the opposite - using POP protocol the trash is saved locally whereas using the IMAP protocol, all your messages are saved on server.

Thank you! That works – I understand it, now.

Hi George, in the free version I have problems with trash folder sync on imap server because em client sync only few message than an error occurred. I tried to changed the folder from deleted items into trash but the problem persist.

For your information I have posted below the error log. Now I’m using outlook and Thunderbird without problems
Thank you

Fabrizio

11:15:35 fab…pa@tw…el.it[IMAP] MailExceptions.ConnectionException:
11:15:35 (Connection terminated)
11:15:35 in MailClient.Imap.Synchronizer.ImapCommand.ThrowIfConnectionBroken(BasicResponse response)
11:15:35 in MailClient.Imap.Synchronizer.SynchronizeMessagesCommand.FetchNewMessages(ConnectionContext context, String selectPath, UInt32 idLow, UInt32 idHigh, String idList, Boolean useUid, UInt32
messageCountEstimate)
11:15:35 in MailClient.Imap.Synchronizer.SynchronizeMessagesCommand.Execute(WorkerStatus status)
11:15:35 in MailClient.Commands.Command.Process(WorkerStatus status)

Hi, I will need your IMAP logs, go to tools - settings - advanced, check IMAP under your account, apply and restart eM Client.
Simulate steps that leads to your issue and after that use “send logs…” to [email protected] together with this topic’s URL in subject.

Then you can turn logging off.

Jan
___