Transferring eM Client Data from Desktop to Laptop. Help, Please.

How can I use eM Client on my desktop and laptop? I have transferred all the information from Outlook to eM Client on my desktop, now I would like to access and use this information on my laptop. Eventually I will just be using the laptop. I would appreciate some guidance on how to do this.

1. Register another Free license here: http://www.emclient.com/free-license
  2. Copy your database from the computer to your laptop. It should be saved here:

C:\Users%Current User%\AppData\Roaming\eM Client (Vista/Win7)
C:\Documents and Settings%Current User%\Application Data\eM Client (XP)

1. Download and install eM Client on your laptop
  2. Activate the product
  3. Enjoy!

Hi George, thank you for taking the time to reply and help. I am unsure how to go about carrying out your instructions. I have copied eM Client to an external hard drive and tried copying over to my laptop. I don’t know how to save it to the C drive as your instructions, Windows 7 doesn’t seem to allow you to “save as”. All I can tell you is that eM Client opens with all my contacts etc on my desktop but when I transfer the files to my laptop I can only open the basic program without any personal settings. I have tried moving the files to the downloads folder and installing from there, but still don’t have any personal data. As you can tell, I’m not very computer literate, so a simpler, step by step, instruction may help.
Kind regards, Wendy

1. Copy the database from your PC to your external drive.

2. Install eM Client on the laptop, run it once, and exit the program.

3. Copy the database back from you external drive.

Depends on which Windows you use, the database can located it either two of this location as mention by George:
C:\Users%Current User%\AppData\Roaming\eM Client (Vista/Win7)
C:\Documents and Settings%Current User%\Application Data\eM Client (XP)

Thank you for your help. I will do as you suggest.