Too many Inboxes

I have just set up emClient 7 as a new user and migrated my details from Windows Live Mail. I have two accounts - btmail.com and outlook.com - and during the set up somehow the btmail account is showing two inboxes. I don’t want both inboxes - how do I remove one of them and how do I choose which one to remove (does it matter?) Regards Roy

Hello Roy,
is either of the Inboxes empty?
Seems like the issue is with your Inbox not being mapped correctly, so eM Client created a new one.
Can you right-click each of the inbox and show Properties and copy the Location and Server Location information for me?

Regards,
Olivia

Good Morning Olivia

Thank you for the reply.

Not too sure exactly what information you are looking for - here are a couple of screenshots of the ‘properties’ screens for the two inboxes.

The ‘newest’ one is the one with only three messages - these were generated after emClient was set up. The other one contains messages migrated from Windows live mail on setup.

Hope this helps - if I have not done what you wanted please let me know and send details how to do it - I am not very computer literate but I can follow instructions.

Regards

Roy

Hello Roy,
are both of these Inboxes under Local folder or under your account?
If an account was synchronized correctly, there’d be a Server location information, which is what I was hoping to find.
Can you confirm that these Inboxes are under local folder or is your account being synchronized? When you receive a new message, which Inbox folder does it go to?

Regards,
Olivia

Hello Olivia

Both inboxes are under my account - not under Local folder.

This bt account I thought I had migrated from Windows Live Mail together with outlook account - does this mean it is being synchronized ?

The outlook account works fine.

New messages go into the ‘small’ inbox folder - there haven’t been any into the bigger one since the day before I set up emClient.(30.6.16).

By the way, can I now remove the images I sent in the previous post which contain some personal details? If so, how do I that?

Regards

Roy

Hello,
I suggest moving the messages from the ‘disabled’ Inbox to the new one that is working and once it’s empty, remove it and keep the new one.
I will remove the images for you.

Regards,
Olivia

Hello Olivia

I have moved the messages as you suggested into the ‘working’ inbox. I can’t find any way to delete the other one now - when R clicking it the ‘delete’ is greyed out.

Than you for removing my previous images.

Regards

Roy

Hello Roy,
that is strange… unfortunately that means that the older inbox is seen as a main one by the server.
Could you perhaps screenshot the IMAP settings for your account in Tools>Accounts? Feel free to edit out the account name, I just need to see the Special folders setting.

Regards,
Olivia

Hello Olivia

There aren’t any IMAP details for the bt account - it is a POP3 account.

Both inboxes have ‘delete’ greyed out when R clicking them.

Nothing is going into the ‘older’ inbox any more and the newer one seems to be working OK.

Is there any need to do anything more ?

Regards

Roy