Timout adding Gsuite account

I am trying to add a Google account and no matter which way i try it just times out or wont work.

If i add it using the email address it works out it is a google account, prompts via the google page to allow the app permisssion for each item (eg allow tasks). it just then hangs on the Finish screen.

If i manually add it as an IMAP account it just times out. I know i have the correct settings for IMAP and SMTP.

Any tricks? Any help greatly appreciated.

CC

Edit: it seems to keep popping up the ‘Allow eM Client to manage tasks’ over and over.

If i add it using the email address it works out it is a google account, prompts via the google page to allow the app permisssion for each item (eg allow tasks). it just then hangs on the Finish screen.

Yes you add the Google account via the automatic email setup wizard and at the end where nothing happens when you click Allow and hangs, “Set a different browser as the default” and then reboot your computer and try again. Failing that clear the cache / temp files in your browser.

No difference unfortunately. Again the oauth window pops up but it only asks for access to tasks.

Go to Google My Security and scroll down to “Third part apps with account access” and remove all eM Client tokens.

Then try removing and re-adding your Google account in eM Client via the automatic setup again.

ok interestingly that forced the oauth screen to show the full list. accepted it and it returned to the em client screen. click finish and it opens the oauth screen again, this time again only showing allow access to tasks, looped.

ok interestingly that forced the oauth screen to show the full list. accepted it and it returned to the em client screen.

If you accepted it and it then returned to eM Client screen that’s worked. Just close eM Client and reopen and you shouldn’t then get asked to allow access again.

Failing that if you have any eg: optional Antivirus programs or optional Firewall / Security programs or VPNs etc, try completely disabling those to test incase any of those are interfering with eM Client and the OAuth process.

I can’t close ‘Em client as it is still on the add account window with finish option. You can’t click finish because it keeps prompting the oauth page again. If I close the client the account is not added.