Thunderbird import: profile location

I want to try out eM Client.
When trying to import from Thunderbird I get an empty list of accounts.
This is no surprise as my Thunderbird binary and account are on a USB drive.
How can I tell eM Client about the location of the Thunderbird profile to import?

Regards,

Diemar

Hello,
thank you for the suggestion - we will try to implement that functionality as soon as possible. Were you able to import your data? I mean - did you try to copy it to the standard location?

Hi George,

thanks. At the time I did not try, but now I’ve copied the data to C:\Users\Dietmar\AppData\Roaming\Thunderbird.
I still get the message that no accounts can be found.

Regards,

Dietmar

Hello,
could you open the file profiles.ini (it should be in the same Thunderbird folder) and check, if there are correct paths? Thank you.

Hi George,

thanks a lot, but there’s no profiles.ini.
Thunderbird can just be started by supplying the profile location on the command line.
E.g.
D:\Applications\Thunderbird3\thunderbird.exe -Profile “D:\Applications\ThunderbirdProfile”

After your hint, I’ve installed Thunderbird with the default options again and manually modified the new profiles.ini to accept my old profile.
With that it’s working somehow.
E.g. I’m getting this error message:
Error when importing the data: The object of type “System.String” can not be converted into “System.Byte[]”.
(I’ve translated the german message.)

This is with 4.0.14479.0

Regards,

Dietmar

Hello,
could you please try to delete the whole folder Thunderbird in AppData\Roaming? Then go to eM Client and click File - Import - Import from Thunderbird. Now you should be able to choose location of the data to be imported.