This version of eM Client is newer than what your license permits

I paid for the upgraded  version (that is 7) & dowloaded it on my laptop at home. Everything worked fine over the week-end.

Back at the office Monday morning, where I usually back up my emails, different messages appeared at different stages of my attempts to get the eM Client going. If my memory serves me well, the following messages appeared (hopefully in this sequence):

Message 1: A verify certificate “eM Client cannot verify identify of …” 

Message 2: Appeared in the same window which said: “Going off line.This operation might take a while to complete. Please be patient”

After an hour I lost my patience and halt this spinning loop with Task Manager.

Message 3:" eM Client Backup tool. Backup operation has failed. To reslove this issue, please contact eM Client support and include the following information:

System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path ‘I:\Backups\E-mail\Ankie’.

at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)  

at System.IO.Directory.InternalCreateDirectory(String fullPath, String path, Object dirSecurityObj, Boolean checkHost)

at System.IO.Directory.InternalCreateDirectoryHelper(String path, Boolean checkHost)  

at System.IO.Directory.CreateDirectory(String path)

at DbBackup.FormBackup.Backup(CancellationToken cancellationToken)

at DbBackup.FormBackup.<mainform_load>b__27_0(Object a, DoWorkEventArgs b)
</mainform_load>

at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.OnDoWork(DoWorkEventArgs e)

at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.WorkerThreadStart(Object argument)"

After shutting message 3 down with task manager & trying to restart it, the following message appeared.

Message 4: “This version of eM Client is newer than what your license permits. To continue using eM Client you will have to renew your license or down grade …”

By shutting eM Client down again and restart it, message 1 appeared again.

In my quest for a solution, I even repaired eM Client.

What I was really missing in this whole download exercise is the following: 

In your feedback to thank me for the payment, there should have been a section where I could have just clicked on “Upgrade to version 7”.  With built-in artficial intelligence (AI),  I should have just followed the prompts, inserted my order number where necessary (if AI did not do that already) and everything might have gone smoothly. Maybe I missed it somehere down the line? My conclusion is that is that I might have downloaded the free version, because of message 4?  

One of the solutions I read on this forum is to except the antivrus programme for eM Client - but would that also solve the problem of message 4?

In summary:Please give me the exact steps on:

How to upgrade with my order number - unless AI was already built in which I missed. In case of a potential communication gap when you give me the instructions: If you are going to instruct me to “install”; for me that is not the same as “upgrade” ; “install” for me means “first install”; unless you want me to install for the purposes to upgrade!)

How to except for eM Client in Norton Anti virus (if it is required)

Looking forward to your response 

As this is a user supported forum, and your questions are directed at eM Client Inc., it might be better if you opened a support ticket, or contacted them directly.