The program hangs up your PC.

The program hangs up your PC, Win 10 x64. Resetting does not help.

Hello Sergej,

Could we please ask what exactly do you mean? Does the program freeze? Does the computer stop working completely? Does this happen repeatedly? Could you remember what were you doing with eM Client before it happened?

Thank you,
Maurice

Hello Maurice,

I have this problem all the time. If I leave my computer for any short time, perhaps a long phone call or something, instead of going into sleep mode, the computer completely freezes. My only remedy is to turn off power, reconnect, and wait for ages for, firstly, the computer to repair itself, then, secondly, for eM client to check for all corruptions. The programme eventually re-opens with dozens of extra, duplicated folders. (These extra folders are shown in italics.)

Can you help?

Tod Benjamin

Hello Tod,

We’re sorry for the inconvenience. We would however recommend you to first get your computer checked to figure out what is happening with it as a freeze like this is unlikely caused by eM Client. If the computer is turned off abruptly and it happens repeatedly, it does have the potential to damage the database.
You probably meant to enclose a screenshot - for these duplicated files, we would recommend using the deduplicator tool (Menu -> Tools -> ‘Deduplicator…’) and then manually deleting the empty folders.

Regards,
Maurice

Hello Maurice,

I appreciate that Windows 10 still has some problems, but this issue has only existed since installing eM Client.

I have used the deduplicator tool several times but the italicised copy folders re-occur - sometimes within minutes, if, for example, I switch to my browser to read something and then return to eM Client.

I delete the duplicated folders individually as soon as I see them,but they return nevertheless.

Any further suggestions?

Regards,
Tod

Hello Tod,

This freezing issue is not necessarily the fault of Windows 10 either, there are many software and hardware factors that could lead to this.

Could you please enclose a screenshot of the situation in eM Client that you are describing, tell us how is your account set up and also send us a screenshot from the server?

Thank you,
Maurice

Hello Maurice,

Thanks. Yes, I have successfully solved the freezing problem by using JRT, but  I still have the ghost folders on eM Client.  I have taken a picture of it. How do I upload it to you?

Hello Maurice,

I have just opened eM client and found 156 - yes, 156 - empty duplicated folders inside the Trash folder. There are also four or five strewn about near other folders. Do you have any suggestions for me?

Tod Benjamin