The network path was not found

I had em client pointing to a directory on my server so I could back it up with the rest of my files. After the server crashed I got a new one, named it (a different name from before) and loaded the backup onto it.

After it all was set I attempted to open em client from my PC. I figured it would tell me it couldn’t find the server, open and from there I could point it to the new location. But em client won’t open. I tried uninstalling a reinstalling but em client is still looking for the (now dead and gone) server. Database repair gives the same error “The network path was not found.” There doesn’t seem to be a way to manually point the directory without opening the client, which I can’t do because it refuses to, until it finds the old server. (Quite the insidious loop.)

I’m aware that renaming the server to the name of the old one may fix this issue but I really, really, don’t want to have to go back and undo all the setting I just tweaked for an email program.

I appreciate any help on this matter. Thanks!

You can find the database location setting under C:\Documents and Settings[your username]\Application Data\eM Client\settings.xml. Open the file in any text editor (eg. notepad) and alter the path to point to the new server.

Thanks for your response; with it I was able to solve this problem. Unfortunately changing the path in the settings file gave another error (see below). So instead I uninstalled the program and deleted the folder (C:\Documents and Settings[your username]\Application Data\eM Client) then reinstalled.

The program installed and opened with no furthers problems. And once the em client opened I was able to point to my email directory from within the program. It now works perfectly.

Error caused by pointing directory from “settings.xml” file.

System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteException: File opened that is not a database file
file is encrypted or is not a database
at System.Data.SQLite.SQLite3.Prepare(SQLiteConnection cnn, String strSql, SQLiteStatement previous, UInt32 timeoutMS, String& strRemain)
at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteCommand.BuildNextCommand()
at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteCommand.GetStatement(Int32 index)
at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteDataReader.NextResult()
at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteDataReader…ctor(SQLiteCommand cmd, CommandBehavior behave)
at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior)
at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteCommand.ExecuteNonQuery()
at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteConnection.Open()
at DbRepair.DbTools.OpenConnection(String fileName)
at DbRepair.Form1.CheckCorruption()
at DbRepair.Form1.Check(Object state)