The input method cannot be memorized

The input method has been set when an email is written, such as Chinese.

When writing the next email, the input method cannot be memorized, it will automatically switch to the English input method every time.

This problem only occurs when replying to mails, not when creating and forwarding mails.

Are you maybe using templates? So you have a different template for replies?

I’m not using any mail templates.

Can you change this setting to HTML:

It is already HTML.

Hi Gary, could you please double check this issue? The problems only happen on mail replies and not on mail new creates & forwards. all setting the same as mail new creates & replies & forwards: no uses mail templates, uses the same one signatures.
I think you can test with any input method.
This issue still exists in the latest 8.2.1473.0 version and is not solved.

Supplement my test records.

I have tested the input method status of the same mail when new creates & replies & forwards.

1, New creates: the input method status is correct, still in the Chinese input interface.

2, Forward: the input method status is correct, still in the Chinese input interface.

3, Reply: the input method status is wrong, becomes an English input interface automatically.

Can eM Client study it and fix it?

Please write to me directly, and I will open a bug report for this so it can be investigated further. gary@emclient.com

Did you get my email? Do you need me to provide you with software of Chinese input method?