"The calendar doesn't contain a timezone referenced from its components" Sync Error

So I just recently started getting a Sync error all the time from the calendar component. It seemed to occur shortly after I created a resource calednar from google admin. It was working before this resrouce calendar, but this error popped up shortly afterward.

I tried deleting and re-adding my account, I tried removing EM client adn reinstalling, I tried the repair, and I even removed the resource calendar from my synced calendars. I still have this error repeating the entire time.

I’ve seen a couple of other posts about this, but saw no resolution other then potentially waiting for Version 6. However, this was working, but then stopped which I didn’t get the impression of from the other reports.


I will need your all CalDAV and GData logs, go to tools - settings - advanced, check CalDAV and GData under your account, apply and restart eM Client.

Simulate steps that leads to your issue and after that send logs… to [email protected] together with this topic’s URL in subject.

then you can turn logging off.

to be honest exactly this issue I have never seen before and same as developer who works on this part of eM Client, but we will try our best.


This one took me forever to find. It happened at the same time as I was messing with the resource calendars, so that threw me off. I ended up removing all my resource calendars, and still had this trouble.

Eventually I pulled through the log files; sorting based on timezone (gotta love Notepad ++ for pulling out lines with that on them). And in the thousands of calendar invites that I had, I noticed one that had a timezone of “creston” Not recognizing that as a time zone, I pulled the HTML link to it (in the log files that might only have started appearing in the beta for EM Client 6… I don’t remember it in the version 5 logs but I could be wrong), I was able to hop right to that event in the calendar… which of course was a repeat with a really odd schedule. Deleted, and recreated my own version with the correct timezone, and EM Client Calendar synced up with no issues at all.

Glad to finally get this problem resolved. Would recommend that in a future version, if a calendar invite pulls down with a “bad” timezone, that it be logged in the error message indicating that event so you can correct it right there. Ideally not forcing your user to pull logs, and scan through all instances of timezone to find the bad event.

thank you for your effort looking into this, timezones were introduced in 6th version so it should record them too now, but I will send this to developer who is working on this so you can read your info too.

thank you one more time for your support and effort.

with regards