Tasks with longer duration show up only once in task list

If I add a task with a duration of several days, the task is only displayed in the task list on the finishing day. How can I adjust this?

I tried to solve this by using the recurring task mode, but even then the task is only showed once in the task list?

Hello Adriaan,

Thank you for the question. If you access Tasks in the Calendar view (see image), the recurring tasks will be shown on each day because there’s dedicated space for each day. The recurring tasks are only displayed once in the Task list, as well as tasks with the duration of multiple days, for overview reasons.

Regards,
Maurice

Hello Maurice,

Thank you very much for your quick response, this helped me a lot!

May I ask you another question on assigning tasks.
When I assign a task to my colleague he receives a notification by mail but he can’t do anything with it like accepting the task or mark it as complete. In this way it limits my activity.
Is there a way to solve this or does this depends whether the mail provider supports this feature? We are both using gmail. 

Best regards,

Adriaan

Hello Adriaan,

Glad to hear we could help. When it comes to assigning tasks, we understand how the lack of this function limits your work, it is however unfortunately something that Gmail doesn’t support.

Regards,
Maurice