task reminders do not display

I have 2 tasks in my Local Folders/Tasks folder. Each of the tasks has a recurrence set up. Show Reminders is checked in folder properties. I open the series for a task, check reminder and click Save. Because the task is in the past, the reminder dialog opens immediately to tell me that the task needs to be done. The only option that seems plausible to close the dialog is Dismiss, but when I click it and open the Task dialog, Show Reminders is no longer checked, and the task reminder is not displayed at the next designated time. It will no longer display. If I just close the reminder dialog, the reminder window just keeps opening every few minutes. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks, Tor Deforest

I just read this posting and realized that it’s not understandable, so I’m going to try again.

The problem is that reminders for RECURRING tasks are not displaying. Say you want a daily reminder to take your pills. You set up a task and make it a daily recurring task. You want the reminder window to appear every morning, but it doesn’t, and I can’t figure out why, or what I need to do to get it to work properly.

Thanks, Tor Deforest

Hello:

Was this question ever answered, because I have the same problem one year later.