System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

I’m getting this error, I believe in connection with the calendar. I see some old posts which reference an update. I’ve only just dowloaded the software and so I doubt thats the issue. What does this “Object reference not set to an instance of an object” refer to?
(I’m using an outlook.com calendar and I’m also experiencing very slow syncing and some duplicate entries after existing entries were modified.)

Hello Daniel,
there is an ongoing issue with outlook.com accounts and calendars, because the AirSync protocol is being replaced by moving all accounts to Exchange.
Microsoft claims to have all accounts moved by August, but until then, synchronization of each account may vary and it’s hard to avoid these issues.
I suggest trying to setup yoour account as Exchange manually and see if your account is among the migrated ones already.

Regards,
Olivia

This is the reason I’ve moved from WLM 2012. My Outlook account still shows Outlook.com which I understand means I’m yet to migrate. Are you certain eM Client will sync contacts/calendar effectively once the migration is complete? I understand WLM does not support modern sync processes and therefore I had no choice but to move