syncronize runs but shown never new messages

after installing eMClient it will pull all messages from the server (web.de) and I can see them.
After this I can see that sync. run regulary in serveral time intervalls and always ends witout any error messages, but show no new messages. But there are new messages in the inbox (already read with the web interface)

Hello Siegmar, are you using a POP3 account or an IMAP account with eM Client? What version of eM Client are you currently using on your computer, can you please check the exact release number in Help > About?

Are you using any security software on your computer, that may have disabled the application’s ability to connect to the server?

Thank you,

Hi Paul,

I am using em CLient V6 (getting from your website 2 days bevor) and an IMAP account to web.de.
While installing, emCLient has found all neccessary information without my help. 
There is sophos Endpoint security installed, but some time before I have installed em Client and I have never changed the setup.

If you’re unable to synchronise the messages, try to disable the security software you’re using temporarily and check if the issue persists.

Regards,

I have disabled the security software (firewall and On access scan) and nothing changed
But there is realy a problem:

I have tried the diagnostic page for IMAP and  SMTP and the diagnostic for both failed.
Than I have tried out the repair function.
The IMAP would repaired, the SMTP can not be repaired. Both entries in the setting pages will not be changed!
I leave the page with “OK” and enter again.
The diagnostic run fails again (server does not respond), the repair will success for IMAP but not for SMTP,…

I have checked the settingings for both, and all is verified against the settings on a other PC in the same network (Thunderbird)

The Web page for web.de tells me the folling for their servers:

Server:  imap.web.de
Port:  993
SSL

Server:  smtp.web.de
Port:  587
STARTTLS

Both with the Passwort for the box.

I dont know what I can do further.

I have installed this for testing if I can change from Thunderbird. It’s a pity, but now I will purge em Client because no help and no Handbook. 

Can you please make a screenshot of your eM Client account settings in Tools > Accounts > Your account > IMAP / SMTP?

Thank you,

eM Client includes a Help Contents in the menu of the application under Help > Contents. Or you can refer to our FAQ and Knowledgeable available at http://www.emclient.com/faq and http://support.emclient.com/ .

Thank you,

Paul,

I have the same issues with web.de. I also just changed from thunderbird that does not work with my gmail account. Now I use em nd cannot use web.de anymore…

The program synced once with the web.de account after setup. Now, immedeately after launching em, I get a sync error popup. The setup diagnosis tells me something is wrong. The setup configuration is correct, the help of web.de tells us to configure it exactly the way Sigmar has already quoted above.

The repair function fixes SMTP (whatever has to be fixed here) but fails to repair IMAP.
The IMAP ability of the mailbox has been activated in my web.de account so this is not the problem.

I use AVG Antivirus Free 2015 that permanently lauches popups since I changed to em but deactivating AVG doews not help.

In the prototols I see the following Program Exceptions:

11:27:10 [email protected] [IMAP]  MailExceptions.ConnectionException: Der Verbindungsaufbau ist fehlgeschlagen.
11:27:10 ()
11:27:10    bei MailClient.Imap.ConnectionPoolEntry.Reconnect()
11:27:10    bei MailClient.Imap.ConnectionPoolEntry.Connect()
11:27:10    bei MailClient.Imap.ConnectionPool.AcquireConnection(Folder mailFolder, Boolean idle, Boolean forStore)
11:27:10    bei MailClient.Imap.ConnectionContext…ctor(ImapAccount account)
11:27:10    bei MailClient.Imap.Synchronizer.SynchronizeFoldersCommand.ExecuteInternal(WorkerStatus status)
11:27:10    bei MailClient.Imap.Synchronizer.ImapCommand.Execute(WorkerStatus status)
11:27:10    bei MailClient.Commands.Command.Process(WorkerStatus status)

Please support us.
Thank you

Hello, based on this error eM Client can’t unfortunately reach the server, please make a screenshot of your account settings from Tools > Accounts > Your account > IMAP and submit it to us here on the forum. Also make sure the settings in the IMAP tabs are correct based on the settings you’ve submitted above.

Make sure all your security software is disabled and that no proxy would redirect the connection.

Regards,

Hi Paul,

there you have the requested configuration dialogues.
As I explained, the problem still occurs if I disable my antivirus software.

Regards

Please switch your security policy on your IMAP service settings to “Use SSL/TLS on special port (legacy)”. And check if the issue persists, port 993 is using legacy so you should always have the option setup with this port.

Regards,

Paul, looks like this helped!
Thank you.

Glad it works, please make sure to let us know if you come across any other issues or questions about the application.

Regards,