Synchronizing sub folder never stops

eM Client is awesome and I love it, but I have encounterd a problem which keeps me from using it.

After a while, eM Client tries to synchronize my sub folders, which for some reason doesn’t work. It shows a loading circle behind my e-mail address but never finishes. The problem is I can’t receive any emails in the meantime. I have to restart the client :frowning:

Any idea what could cause the problem? Thunderbird works just fine.
E-Mail account uses MS Exchange, if that’s of any importance.

Hello Tanja,
when this issue happens, could you go to Tools>Operations>Log window and copy the full content here?
If there is any error message in the Error tab, please include it as well.

Regards,
Olivia

Like with all good errors, they vanish when you ask someone to look into the matter.
It didn’t occur again, so I just tell myself it was some kind of Black Magic.

Thank you regardless for your very fast answer and your time.
Cheers

Hello Tanja,
no problem, if the issue ever reoccurs, just get the log and we’ll look into it :slight_smile:
Glad to hear all is in order for now.

Regards,
Olivia

I do have the exact problem and it persists.
Here is the log
///Håkan

12:37:00 Online state: changed to online due to NetworkAvailability
12:37:01 hakan.billig@fysiologi.gu.se [IMAP]  Synkroniserar undermappar: För mappen hakan.billig@fysiologi.gu.se/
12:38:45 hakan.billig@fysiologi.gu.se [IMAP]  Hämtar meddelandedel…
12:39:08 hakan.billig@fysiologi.gu.se [IMAP]  Hämtar meddelandedel…: Klar
12:42:36 hakan.billig@fysiologi.gu.se [IMAP]  Hämtar meddelandedel…
12:42:38 hakan.billig@fysiologi.gu.se [IMAP]  Hämtar meddelandedel…: Klar
12:42:40 hakan.billig@fysiologi.gu.se [IMAP]  Hämtar meddelandedel…
12:42:44 hakan.billig@fysiologi.gu.se [IMAP]  Hämtar meddelandedel…: Klar
12:43:54 Onlineläge: ändrades till offline med anledning User
12:43:54 hakan.billig@fysiologi.gu.se [IMAP]  Synkroniserar undermappar: Klar
12:43:54 hakan.billig@fysiologi.gu.se [IMAP]  Synkroniserar meddelanden: För mappen hakan.billig@fysiologi.gu.se/Apple Mail To Do
12:43:54 Onlineläge: ändrades till online med anledning User
12:43:55 hakan.billig@fysiologi.gu.se [IMAP]  Synkroniserar undermappar: För mappen hakan.billig@fysiologi.gu.se/
12:45:25 hakan.billig@fysiologi.gu.se [IMAP]  Synkroniserar undermappar: Klar
12:45:25 hakan.billig@fysiologi.gu.se [IMAP]  Synkroniserar undermappar: För mappen hakan.billig@fysiologi.gu.se/Academic issues
12:45:58 hakan.billig@fysiologi.gu.se [IMAP]  Synkroniserar undermappar: Klar
12:45:58 hakan.billig@fysiologi.gu.se [IMAP]  Synkroniserar undermappar: För mappen hakan.billig@fysiologi.gu.se/Administ
12:46:05 hakan.billig@fysiologi.gu.se [IMAP]  Synkroniserar undermappar: Klar
12:46:05 hakan.billig@fysiologi.gu.se [IMAP]  Synkroniserar undermappar: För mappen hakan.billig@fysiologi.gu.se/Afrika
12:46:09 hakan.billig@fysiologi.gu.se [IMAP]  Synkroniserar undermappar: Klar
12:46:09 hakan.billig@fysiologi.gu.se [IMAP]  Synkroniserar undermappar: För mappen hakan.billig@fysiologi.gu.se/Archives

Hello Håkan,
your issue seems to be on an IMAP, so it might not be of the same nature. But there seems to be nothing wrong in the log.
Do I understand correctly that the synchronization gets stuck completely? Do you just not receive any messages after this or does whole eM client freeze?

Regards,
Olivia

Hi all,
Please see another log (same problem).

12:45:09 PM aubrey@alloydgroup.co.za [IMAP]  Synchronizing subfolders: For folder aubrey@alloydgroup.co.za/12:45:07 PM aubrey@alloydgroup.co.za [IMAP]  Synchronizing subfolders: For folder aubrey@alloydgroup.co.za/12:45:07 PM Online state: changed to online due to NetworkAvailability 12:44:23 PM Online state: changed to offline due to NetworkAvailability 12:44:23 PM aubrey@alloydgroup.co.za [IMAP]  Synchronizing subfolders: For folder aubrey@alloydgroup.co.za/12:43:14 PM aubrey@alloydgroup.co.za [IMAP]  Synchronizing subfolders: For folder aubrey@alloydgroup.co.za/12:43:07 PM aubrey@alloydgroup.co.za [IMAP]  Synchronizing subfolders: For folder aubrey@alloydgroup.co.za/12:43:06 PM Online state: changed to online due to NetworkAvailability

Hello Aubrey,
your issue seems to be on an IMAP, so it might not be of the same nature, as I told Hakan. There seems to be nothing wrong in the log.
Do I understand correctly that the synchronization gets stuck completely? Do you just not receive any messages after this or does whole eM client freeze?

Regards,
Olivia