Synchronizing problem with a Synology CalDav Server

When using multiple clients for the same CalDav server (in this case a Synology DS212+ with DSM 3.2-1955) the tasks sync to the CalDav server but not to the other eM Clients. Every client has its own tasks but can’t sync to the other clients. In the log it says: “Sync of items at https://serveradresshere/taskdir/ failed due to error: Not Found (NotFound)”

but I can see the items are downloaded (in the log): “Sync of taskdir/ finished: … 15 items, 14 downloaded” (1 item of the client currently in use and 14 of other clients)

I tested some more: if I manually take the task (.ics) files and drag them into the “Local Folders” -> “Tasks” field, then I can see the tasks but it doesn’t solve the synchronizing problem offcourse. So the file format seems to be okay.

By any chance you didn’t disable local folder? There’s a bug with Task sync if you disable the local folder in options.

The Local Folders aren’t disabled, double checked it. I can make a log file for you, if you want more information :wink:

I’m not an employee, you need to wait for an employee of eM Client for sending the log. In the mean time, what version of eM Client are you running?

Okay, I’ve tested two versions of eM Client: 3.5.12280 and 3.5.12491, both are having this sync problem.

Any news? I have the same issue here with the same synology hardware :frowning:

No news on this problem. The only thing I also read on Synology forums: It seems that the CalDav Server contains a lot of bugs, so many users of the Synology hardware are experiencing problems with it.

Hello,
we would appreciate if you send us logs: go to menu Tools->Settings->Logging and check CalDav.Then restart eM Client, try to simulate the issue and send us the logs (with reference to this topic) using the same logging settings window.

Regards

George Wilson
eM Client

I’ve sent the log file with a reference to this topic. If there are updates to this problem or if you need other files or info, please reply to this topic.

I have exactly the same problem as described above. eM Client is not able to be used concurrently with other CalDAV clients on the same CalDAV server.
That’s a critical point because it is one of the main functionality needed when using a shared calendar.

Here is my test configuration:

• 1 CalDAV server running on Synology DS211 (Version: DSM 4.0-2219; Build Date: 2012/04/17)
  • eM Client 4.0.14479.0 installed on 2 different Windows 7 computers, with Local folders enabled.

Here is the simple test I made:

1. I create a new CalDAV Calendar on the server (named: CalendarTest).

2. I install the calendar on the eM Client on Computer1 and on Computer2, using the same eM Client account name (“CalendarTest”), same CalDAV Url and same credentials.
    Url is: http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:5005/User/Cale…

On the 2 computers, if I refresh the tasks, I get no errors in the log:
04:57:55 CalendarSpicebird [CalDAV] Synchronizing items: For folder CalendarTest/
04:57:55 CalendarSpicebird [CalDAV] Synchronizing items: Sync of CalendarTest/ finished: 0 uploaded, 0 deleted, 0 obsolete, 0 items, 0 downloaded
04:57:55 CalendarSpicebird [CalDAV] Synchronizing items: Done

1. I create a new task on Computer1. If I refresh the tasks on Computer1, I get no errors in the log:
    04:59:40 CalendarSpicebird [CalDAV] Uploading items: To folder CalendarTest/
    04:59:40 CalendarSpicebird [CalDAV] Uploading items: Done
    04:59:46 CalendarSpicebird [CalDAV] Synchronizing items: For folder CalendarTest/
    04:59:46 CalendarSpicebird [CalDAV] Synchronizing items: Sync of CalendarTest/ finished: 0 uploaded, 0 deleted, 0 obsolete, 1 items, 0 downloaded
    04:59:46 CalendarSpicebird [CalDAV] Synchronizing items: Done

2. If I refresh the tasks on Computer2, the task is not seen.
    I get an error in the log:
    05:01:17 CalendarSpicebird [CalDAV] Synchronizing items: For folder CalendarTest/
    05:01:17 CalendarSpicebird [CalDAV] Synchronizing items: Sync of items at http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:5005/User/Cale… failed due to error: Not Found (NotFound)
    05:01:17 CalendarSpicebird [CalDAV] Synchronizing items: Sync of CalendarTest/ finished: 0 uploaded, 0 deleted, 0 obsolete, 1 items, 1 downloaded
    05:01:17 CalendarSpicebird [CalDAV] Synchronizing items: Done

Conclusion:
There is a synchronizing problem when using many eM Client on a single Synology CalDAV Server. When enabling the CalDAV logs, we see that eM Client is able to see the missing .ics on the server, but for an unknown reason, it is not able to import/update it. It is like it is taking some reference to a static information about the tasks in an internal database (which shouldn’t be).

Remarks:
This problem doesn’t occur using these 2 others CalDAV clients: Sunbird & Spicebird. They are able to refresh the task list when scanning the .ics files in the calendar server’s folder.
I don’t experience any issue using Synology CalDAV Server with these 2 CalDAV clients.

I can send logs to an employee if necessary.

Regards,
Syl

It’s indeed the same problem. I am running the exact same DSM version nowadays and I still experience the synchronizing problem. Hopefully there will be an update of EM Client soon to fix this problem.

Well, 1 year down the line and this problem still exists ;-(

Running eM Client 5 and Synology DSM 4.2
iOS and MAC OS X synchronize without a hitch with the CalDAV Server on my DS211.

eM CLient connects but does not synchronize already existing events in the calandar. Newly made events are synced properly but the existing events never do.

Send us your logs please: go to menu Tools->Settings->Advanced->Logging and check “CalDAV” under the problematic account. Then restart eM Client, try to simulate the issue and send us (with reference to this topic) the logs using the same logging settings window. Thank you.

Using DSM 4.3-3776-3 the Synology CalDAV server now seems to work with emClient 5, too.

so everything works now?

with regards
Jan