Synchronizing folder failed

Hello, been encountering this recently. Have been using em client fine previously but error message just started popping up yesterday, and continues to appear every 10 mins when it tries to sync. I have no idea what it is trying to sync too.

Hello,
the synchronization error was an issue with google servers and you need to fully resync your Contacts for it to be fixed. Go to your ‘Contacts’ tab in the left menu and right mouse click all the Contacts folders and sub-folders under your affected account, choose ‘Properties > Repair’ and click the ‘Repair’ button. Wait for the repair to finish before starting repairing each folder.

The most efficient way to make sure you didn’t miss repairing any of the affected folders is doing a full resync of your gmail account in eM Client - deleting the gmail from ‘Tools > Accounts’ window and adding it again following the usual procedure as shown here: http://www.emclient.com/em-client-wit… -> doing this might take longer if you have lot of e-mails, but it’s the surest way to get rid of the error.

Best regards,
Olivia

Hi Olivia,

Thanks, seems like repair did not work, ended up setting the account all over again.
It works fine now, thanks!

Arron

repair doesn’t work for me eighter.

Hi Michel,
I’m sorry that the repair didn’t work, but I do recommend trying the second option with removing and re-adding the account into eM Client.

Best regards,
Olivia

Hello, I re-encountered this problem again. What is the possible issue that causes this? I cannot be doing this every week? Thanks!

with so many issues they should restore back to a more stable version until all or most issues are resolved. this is so frustrating and painful. :frowning:

Hello Aaron,
we are very sorry for the inconvenience, but it looks like there is something happening on the google servers again, and the repair solution won’t help permanently at the moment, as the issue is currently not even fixed on the server side. Unfortunately, until it is, we can’t make our own fix either, since the situation on the server isn’t stable enough for us to find a solution.

Best regards,
Olivia

Hello Ken,
we are very sorry for the inconvenience, but restoring to an older version of eM Client will do nothing for this situation - the issue is on Google servers and it has not been fixed yet on their side and it keeps changing. Unfortunately, until it is, we can’t make our own fix either, since the situation on the server isn’t stable enough for us to find a solution.

Best regards,
Olivia

I have made the repair, reinstalled the account but I still have the problem.

Any solution yet?

Erik

I am experiencing a similar issue since several days. Its obviously not a ‘temporary’ problem as stated in the error text. The account is a google apps account with a custom domain. I just synced this accounts contact list only to receive the same error 2 minutes later again.

Total account size is 1.2GB, deleting and re-downloading everything is not exactly a solution.