"Synchronizing folder failed due to the following error: Remote server returned an error (500) internal server error"

I’ve been using em Client at work & home business & I keep getting this error tasks & Calendar - "Synchronizing folder failed due to the following error: Remote server returned an error (500) internal server error

Hello Steph,

Could we please ask how is your account currently set up and who is your provider? If you have an address at hotmail/msn/live/outlook and your account isn’t set up as Exchange yet, it will be necessary to remove your account from eM Client and then set it up as an Exchange (! please note that deleting the account means that all locally stored data will be deleted).

After deleting the account, go to Tools -> Accounts -> New Account but skip the “Automatic Setup” option and in the “Mail” option click on the Exchange icon. Afterwards just enter your email address in both “Email address” and “User name” fields, enter the password and then be patient while eM Client is “Obtaining server configuration records”.

We’d also like to bring to your attention that if you’re using eM Client for business purposes requires a PRO license.

Regards,
Maurice

Hello Maurice,
Thanks for the reply - I use em Client for personal use not for business…

Currently I use MS Outlook 2007 - it freezes constantly & I get heaps of junk mail which I can’t delete or blacklist…

Thanks I will try your suggestion.

Thanks for posting this to Steph Maurice. It has helped me solve the same problem.

Grampadave