Synchronizing accounts and passwords

I’m trying to find a way to synchronize account settings between multiple laptops. My parents have multiple laptops, and I’m their tech support. I’m looking at having them use eM Client as their mail client. I’d like to avoid the pain of having to go to each machine and changing passwords manually whenever I change one of their account passwords. Is there a way to synchronize email accounts and passwords between multiple machines?

I’m trying to find a way to synchronize account settings between multiple laptops. My parents have multiple laptops, and I’m their tech support

You would normally setup an IMAP, Exchange or iCloud account which is then “the same in eM Client on all your computer’s and other devices” configured with the same account.

Is there a way to synchronize email accounts and passwords between multiple machines?

If you change email account passwords on the mailbox server eM Client on all your computer’s and other devices “will then automatically prompt you for the new password” when you open the mailers.You can’t normally automate entering passwords.

Alternatively you could setup eg: Team Viewer once you change the mailbox password and remotely enter it for them when prompted if you don’t want them to know the password.

Depending on where the account is hosted, if it is on server where we support oAuth, then changing the password on the server means nothing needs to be changed in eM Client. Currently possible with providers like Gmail and Google Workspace, Exchange and a few others.

1 Like

Hmm. Currently the main accounts are hosted on Rackspace and Oath (aol, yahoo). If Rackspace doesn’t support OAuth, then maybe I can move them to gmail.

1 Like

Yes, they’re imap clients, and I’ll wind up using teamviewer to do it manually as you say. Hoping to avoid that; anything to keep these machines as much in sync as possible.

@stephenenelson

then maybe I can move them to gmail

I and my bro also moved from our prev local work / home ISPs some years ago to Google and Microsoft and now also use OAuth which was so much better. Hopefully Rackspace does too.

I also paid email forwarding for around a year till all our sender’s got ok / familiar with the new email addresses. I think I only paid around $5 p/a for the auto email forwarding. That’s usually cheap.