Synch is Out of Control

I recently upgraded to the licensed version and am having major synch issues. Despite the “VIP Support” promise, I have not heard anything back from eM so I am hoping someone here can help!

I am trying to synch an Exchange account and the program has been unusable all day long. It seems to be constantly synching, and I see it has now added 50,000+ emails to my deleted items (and still going!)

I imagine that it must somehow be synching every deleted item the account has had over many many years, even though when I open my actually exchange client on my work laptop it only shows a small fraction of these.

Is there any way to control or limit how far back em Client synchs? Otherwise this seems to be overloading the program and making it unusable…

As far as i know, eM Client will normally automatically initally sync every exchange mailbox folder you have on the server, untill it completes the sync and no way to limit what it syncs.

In version 9 we do. You will find this in Menu > Accounts, then in the Exchange tab for the account.

You can close eM Client, then open the webmail interface for the account and empty the Trash.
Then restart eM Client. Nothing in Trash left to sync.

2 Likes

And how do I upgrade this to version 9 without losing settings, archive, etc

how do I upgrade this to version 9 without losing settings, archive, etc

Close eM Client, and just download the latest V9 from the release history page below and install V9 setup. It will upgrade everything.

Note Before upgrading, backup eM Client first via “Menu / Backup” incase of any issues.

https://www.emclient.com/release-history

1 Like

You can download it from here: https://www.emclient.com/dist/latest/setup.msi

Your license is valid for version 9, so there will be no problem, and you won’t lose anything during the upgrade.

1 Like

For the sake of figuring out this problem for others in the future, I jujst wanted to reply to Gary’s suggestion above:

“You can close eM Client, then open the webmail interface for the account and empty the Trash.
Then restart eM Client. Nothing in Trash left to sync.”

The issue is that all of these deleted items are NOT showing in the Trash of my Inbox when I log in to the webmail interface. I guess the server is somehow archiving out or otherwise excluding deleted emails older than a certain date from within my Inbox. But for whatever reason, em Client’s synch is picking these up and trying to synch a massive amount, even though they arent present in what I can still view in my account Inbox.