Sync works for first few minutes then gets stuck in loop SMTP

As per title, Sync works for first few minutes then gets stuck in loop. I am set up using SMTP, and this is a must. This only started happening about 3 weeks ago and has not fixed itself.
This is not a gmail email address.
I have to actively quite and rejoin to receive new mail, or repair. Everytime this works fine but first few minutes then gets stuck trying to sync again.

Any help would be appreciated.

If the account is setup as IMAP, it may be that the message cache is corrupted.

If right-click on the folder and choosing Properties > Repair does not correct it, a more aggressive solution is to remove the account from eM Client, then add it again.

I have the same issue. Starts few weeks/month ago. I am sure it’s emclient related because the sync is perfectly working on Mobibe or other email clients. 

So the issue :

• start emclient --> first sync ok.
  • auto sync start later --> sync issue (no error but nothing is sync).
  • same issue with manual sync.
  • close and restart emclient --> first sync ok .

I have already tried to repair the Inbox folder. Should I try a full repair? My concerns here is that I will lost my emlient categories associated to the emails if I do a full repair. How to reassign my categories to the emails once the account “repair” step done ? 

thank you

I don’t think this is the same issue as Scott had, but it sounds like something we have seen before.

There are some servers that do not offer IDLE IMAP, but require the IMAP client to fetch messages on a schedule. In that case the sync works when eM Client is first started because it forces a server sync. After that there will be no sync as the server is waiting for eM Client to fetch the messages, and eM Client is waiting for the server to push the notification of changes. eM Client does not offer this type of IMAP, so in the unfortunate situation where you are using such a server, the best option is to use an email client that offers scheduled IMAP syncing. Or you can setup the account as POP3 if you want to continue with eM Client.

Who is your email provider?

If you want to keep the email categories, you can move the messages to Local Folders before you do anything like removing and re-adding the account. Then afterwards you can move the messages back to the IMAP folders. Always make a backup before doing anything drastic (Menu > File > Backup) just to be safe.

hi, thank you very much for your reply.

Provider is OVH.
It was working for years. Is it possible they’ve changed their mail service?

thank you for the workaround about the categories.

Not familiar with the provider. You would have to ask them if there has been any changes, but I suspect that if it was working for years, and now isn’t, then they might be the cause.