Sync reminder dismissals to Android when calendar Google is set up as account in em Client

I have eM Client set up to sync its calendar to my Google Calendar.  This works fine.  Howerver, when the event reminder is displayed and I dismiss it out of eM Client it doesn’t also dismiss the reminder being displayed on my Android phone.  Is it possible to sync the dismissing/snoozing of a calender reminder on one device to another device (Android => Windows and Windows => Android)?

I should also mention that I’m using Events Notifier for Calendar by Ryoto take over my calendar notifications on my phone so perhaps the problem lies there.

Thanks

Hello Gregorio,

Yes, the reminder synchronization should be standard behavior. Could we please ask you to try snoozing a calendar reminder in eM Client, then opening Google calendar on the server and see if the reminder pops up on the server again? If it doesn’t, then eM Client is communicating with the server correctly.

Thank you,
Maurice

I created an event in eM Client that sync’d properly to my Google Calendar thru the browser but when I then snoozed the reminder in eM Client for 10 minutes and then immediately opened up Google Calendar it presented a popup reminder in the browser.  Thanks.

One thing about emc, it does NOT automatically sync the calendar with gmail, you must do it manually (not a bug says emc, designed behavior. Huh???). So after you snooze, go to the calendar section and refresh. Then see if the snooze synced.

When I add a calendar event inside of eM Client it automatically syncs to Gmail for me.  Or do you mean not the initial creation of the event but the snoozing of an existing event?

Hmm, I thought it was upon creation or change as well. I know I have to consistently refresh the calendar to get it to update. Maybe shared calendars only. Let me test.

Jay: Did you get a chance to test again?  

Maurice: Is this reminder synchronization working for you?

Thanks

Hello everybody,

The creation of the event should be synchronized without problems, although there might be some issues with snoozing. Could we ask you, Gregorio, to turn on logging so we could have a closer look? Please go to Menu -> Tools -> Settings -> Advanced -> Logging and turn on logging for the ‘Google Calendar’ for the account that behaves strangely when it comes to synchronizing. The next time the snoozing doesn’t synchronize on the server, please go again to Logging, click on Send Longs and send them to [email protected] with a link to this thread.

Thank you,
Maurice

I just emailed the logs.  Thanks!

Hello everybody,

Thank your for your contributions. I apologize for inaccurate information, it turns out we do not support snoozing synchronization between eM Client and Google Calendar. Apparently Google has been supporting snoozing only for a couple of months and since eM Client has supported it from the beginning, it saves the information about snoozing in its own format.
The dismissal synchronization is however a different matter and it should be working fine. If it doesn’t, we’d please ask for Logs again, along with a description of when it doesn’t work.

Thank you,
Maurice

Thanks for the followup.  

Is there a plan to support Google Calendar snoozing synchronization?

Hello Gregorio,

That probably depends on whether enough people express interest in it. If this is a crucial feature for you, please create an Idea thread and try to get people to vote for it.

Regards,
Maurice