Sync Issue

My wife has been using emClient for a while now and this issue seems to be getting worse.

For some reason syncing stops until the program is closed and open again.  I have loaded the client on my PC to figure out what is going on and am able to replicate the issue.  A link to log files and other info is below.

Details to go with the logs:

This morning, between 7:45 and 8:15 AM I closed and reopened emClient, emails came in.  I let it sit for a good hour.  I have Thunderbird, the client I use for my email, also open.  By 9:10 I checked again and have seen new emails in Thunderbird, but not in emClient.  I close and open again and then they show up.  I have compare.png included with my files that shows the different states.

I am running a Windows 7 OS, my wife is using Windows 8.1.  Both systems have the latest version of emClient:  6.0.23181.0.  Both of us are connecting to the same email servers, charter.net, and are both configured the same way.

Files:  https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/9805311/Sync%20Issue.zip

Please let me know if your thoughts.

Thank you,

Jeff

Hi Jeff,
if you go to Tools > Settings > General you can set up synchronization to happen every few minutes. What you’re experiencing sounds like you have synchronization set up to only happen at startup.
Are your emails set up as POP or IMAP accounts?
Also, there is a new release that was pushed today, but that shouldn’t be a cause of your sync issues, I believe.

Best regards,
Olivia

My client is configured to Sync every 10 minutes, but emails do not come in that time frame.  Even if I know I have emails and click on the Send and Receive they do not show up until I restart the client.

Also, the notification of the reply did not show up in emClient, but it did in my other one.

Please try installing the new release and tell me how your accounts are set up.
Best regards,
Olivia

Client updated, image below shows that currently everything is good after a clean start, I will keep an eye on it, EM(Top), TB(Bottom):

Issue is still there.  Yes, the host is configured for mobile and not SMTP and IMAP.  I can get it to fail either way, but this is how my wife’s laptop is configured and that is the machine I am trying to get this fixed on:

Thank you

Latest logs:  https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/9805311/Latest%20Logs.zip

Hi Jeff,
we’re trying to figure this out, could you please also include logs from the Tools > Operations > Log tab?

thank you and best regards,
Olivia

Here you go.  FYI, I have had the client open since yesterday, and not a new email has come in since you reply to update and show you the config.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/9805311/Operation%20Logs.txt

Also I might mention.  I have a gmail account setup in the same client and that is working fine, it is just the charter email that is failing.

Hi Jeff,
there is literally nothing showing in the logs, everything seems to be fine, so it’s really hard to determine where the issue might be, it’s almost as if the server isn’t sending the updated info to eM client at all.
Could you make us a test account for your server so we can test the communication ourselves? (You can send the info to [email protected])

Best regards,
Olivia

Please let me know if you are able to replicate the issue.

Thank you

I will let you know, I’m currently testing the account with different server settings. Thank you for the testing credentials.

Any updates?

Hi Jeff,
sorry for the hold up, but in the end I only found out that it’s a server issue.
The charter server is not sending the new information just like I said before - the reason Thunderbird is able to pick it up is because it doesn’t just listen on the server but does more thorough resync with the server. Unfortunately, eM Client is made to be fast and lightweight and we don’t have a forceful resync like that, other than the one at startup.

Best regards,
Olivia

Is there any way to configure the resync to be more like the one at startup?  Might want to make that a configurable option in a future update, I think it may help others as well.  Also, is it possible to give me any more detailed information I can take to charter to see if they do anything.

Thank you

We don’t plan to change the whole synchronization for version 6, since we’re focusing on the big changes for v7 now, but I brought this up to our developers, so maybe the Send and receive function will be able to pick these cases up eventually.
As for charter, the only information we have is that the IMAP information they send out to email clients doesn’t include any of the changes from Server - I am afraid that details of why they don’t do that is only something they know.

Best regards,
Olivia

Thank you.  I will see where I can get with them.  I just find it odd that it seemed to work and now it doesn’t.

I have exactly the same problem. Only Thunderbird works perfectly, but I like Em Client better but after reading this, if the problem is not fixed or persist  I am afraid I will uninstalled. By the way I have the same problem with Outlook 2010…