Switching over from Microsoft Live Mail to the eM CLient. Original inline photos aren't returned/displayed.

I’m in the process of switching over from Microsoft Live Mail to the eM CLient. So far, a clear win. In MS Mail, if someone replied to your email which contained an inline photo, it would also come back with the reply. I can’t find a way to enable this in the eM Client. Thanks.

Hi Vern,
this should work in eM Client as well. Are you perhaps viewing your messages as Plain text? If it only happens in replies, maybe you are overtaking the format from the original message? Try setting your replies as HTML in Tools > Settins > Mail > Compose and set ‘Mail format for reply’ to ‘HTML’.
Or is your previous message not included in the reply you get at all? It could be that the sender deleted it from the message?

Regards,
Olivia

Thanks for the reply Olivia. The Mail format for reply was set to HTML. The original message was returned, but with a placeholder icon instead of the original image. If I loaded the same email reply from within Windows Live Mail, the image would get returned as expected.

-Vern

Hi Vern,
can I ask what setting do you have set up in Tools>Settings>Mail>Privacy? Do you choose to display all content in all messages?

Regards,
Olivia

Display unsafe content only from people in my contact list.
The images that I refer to in my initial question are also from people in my contact list.

Thanks,
-Vern

Hello Vern,
can I just check one last thing? If you open any images inside Internet explorer, do they load correctly or does a placeholder icon appear as well?

Regards,
Olivia

Olivia,
I’m not quite sure what you mean? How is IE relevant to how a mail client reads email messages from a remote server? The images are displayed properly within MS Live Mail but not eM Client.

Regards,
-Vern

Hi Vern,
eM Client uses IE core to view messages, edit text fields and other things. Each client uses some browser kit to pull information from the web. Current version of eM Client uses Internet Explorer. (version 7 will switch to WebKit, which is based in Chromium, so we hope to eliminate lots of IE related issues). So I really am asking if your Internet Explorer is working correctly in viewing web content.

Regards,
Olivia

Ah, that makes sense. No, I am not having any issues with either IE or MS Edge.

Hi Vern,
thank you for the information.
Could you please send me an eml file in which this issue is present to [email protected] so I can have a look at specific Source data and try to see where the problem might be?
Please include a link to this forum thread in the body of the message.

Regards,
Olivia

Olivia,
It looks like I deleted the original email in question.
I just now tried to duplicate but it seems to be working as expected.
Not sure what changed.
Thanks for all your help in trying to understand and resolve.
-Vern

Hi Vern,
I’m glad the issue is gone, maybe the problem was just in the certain message or something in windows needed an update.
Don’t hesitate to consult your problems with eM Client on the forum again in the future.

Regards,
Olivia