Switch Outlook/EMClient problem

Hello,

I have about 50,000 emails on the [email protected] mailserver account, the volume is about 16GB of data. I connect using IMAP and Outlook 2010, fast optics connection. Everything works.

What is the most reliable way to switch an account from Outlook to EMClient ?

I tried :

1. add account and load everything from server (connection error occurred and not all folders and emails synced).

2. add account, go offline mode, import data from Outlook,
    (after synchronization, emails were duplicated, sometime tripled, and a connection error occurred again).

In all cases, the following appeared (on different folders):
20:53:03 [email protected] [IMAP] MailClient.Accounts.ConnectionException: Folder synchronization’[email protected]/Inbox ’
failed due to the following error: Connection to server lost
—> MailClient.Imap.Base.ConnectionLostException: Connection to server lost

Thank you for advice
Vaclav

add account and load everything from server (connection error occurred and not all folders and emails synced)

What are your IMAP mail server settings & protocol’s etc you have setup in eM Client via "Menu / Accounts / IMAP tab ?

Note: Blank out your acct name & password for privacy in the thread…

Does your current server also offer Exchange access or only IMAP, as eM Client also supports that if yours does and might fix that problem.

Also what version of eM Client are you running ?

Lastly do you run any optionally installed eg: Firewall / Security programs, or Optional Antivirus scanning progrsms, or VPNS etc ?. If you do try completely disabling those to test.

Hello, thanks here is my for answer !

What are your IMAP mail server settings & protocol’s etc you have setup in eM Client via "Menu / Accounts / IMAP tab ?
mail.xyz.cz (changed)
Port 993
SSL/TLS (Legacy)
(i set this section by advice our mail provider) Test Diagnostic on Menu/Accounts/Diagnostic (OK for IMAP and SMTP)

Does your current server also offer Exchange access or only IMAP, as eM Client also supports that if yours does and might fix that problem.
Our server support only IMAP connection (or POP3).

Also what version of eM Client are you running ?
Version 9.0.1361

Lastly do you run any optionally installed eg: Firewall / Security programs, or Optional Antivirus scanning progrsms, or VPNS etc ?. If you do try completely disabling those to test.
I can try disable our antivirus program (AVG Business) - on next time testing

Let us know how you go after testing further.

One more idea : If this will work, i dont want use EMClient without antivir …

Does anyone use the combination EMClient + IMAP + AVG?

AVG and Avast both block most mailers including eM Client, and you either have to disable email scanning in either program or uninstall them completely and use the built in much better Windows 10 / 11 Windows Firewall / Security/ Antivirus program.

I will never use any third part program like that as just gives you issues and you dont need it anymore for years now.

1 Like

Just disable the AVG/AVAST Mail Shield. The anti-virus application will still protect your PC and still scan any attachments you open in eM Client.

But also @cyberzork’s recommendation is a perfect solution. Windows already has it’s own excellent options in Windows Defender. There is really no need to install a third party app to do the same thing.

2 Likes