Support for ED25519

Hi,

since Thunderbirds recent clusterfuck with its own PGP implementation and going away from Enigmail, my company is looking for an alternative. eM Client looks wonderful and we would like to switch but we cannot yet import Ed25519 keys. We are exclusively using PGP/GPG internally and with external parties and many of them are using them.

I read a topic from March in this regard but nothing happened yet, unfortunately. Is there any timeline where the implementation will be done?

Thanks,
Alex

Hi,

just want to bring this up again.
If this won’t happen in the near future, so be it. But at least a statement would be nice. :slight_smile:

Thanks a lot,
Alex

Hi Alex.

This is actually a community supported forum, so we are all users here and not eM Client Support. While they do monitor the forum, they usually don’t comment here. If you need to contact the company, you will need to write to them directly, or open a support ticket with them if you have a Pro License.

Otherwise, there is very little information given about new features or fixes once an update is released, nor hints at what to expect in future versions.

Thanks a lot, Gary.

I thought it’s a bit more official since it’s really part of the website.

I don’t have a pro license yet as this feature is missing for our company to switch to emClient.
Guess I am out of luck till then. :slight_smile:

Best regards,
Alex

Yeah, it’s difficult to evaluate an application without access to support. You could write to eM Client, maybe they will answer. You will find their contact details here.