Suffix eM Client uses to save emails on the local drive (i.e. *.pst, *.eml)?

Hi, I am trying to recover emails that were inadvertently deleted from my laptop. What is the suffix that eM Client uses to save them on the local drive (i.e. *.pst, *.eml)? Thanks.

Are you looking for emails that you exported or the eM Client database file?

If you exported the emails, they will be have the extension of EML.

If you deleted the email from your Inbox on the laptop, you are most likely out of luck. You can try to restore an earlier version of the actual database file that eM Client uses and see if the email is in that version, but that would entail you having backed up the database prior to deleting the emails.

If you deleted the emails from your Inbox, you can try to see if they are still in your Trash. If you are connected via a POP3 connection, it’s possible that the emails are still up on the server depending on your POP3 settings. If you are using IMAP, I would gather that eM Client and the server have already synced and the emails were removed from the server.

• Merg

Accidentally deleted an eM Client account before backing it up.  Missing 2 years of messages in one account.  I have a Toshiba portable hard drive that was last backed up in 1/2015 and had downloaded Recuva, so I’m hoping the message files are lurking on the hard drive somewhere.  The incoming is POP3 and the outgoing is SMTP.  The server was not set properly and is deleting messages in or out after 7 days - so no luck there.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Hello, note that eM Client doesn’t save your emails into separate email files. If you’ve deleted the account from the application, the account data may have been removed completely, eM Client stores it’s data in separate .dat (database) files which are accessed by the application. You may be able to restore your old user database folder that is located in your local user/appData/Roaming folder as  “eM Client”.

This folder contains the multiple database files where mail.dat files contain your email data, however note restoring using these files is not supported as it may corrupt the database when replacing with older files.
In case you have no backup of your data, you can try to restore the whole database by replacing the eM Client folder with the one you restore. However this manual restore is not a fully supported process, but can serve as a workaround.

Hope this helps.