Suddenly will not send or receive mails

Currently running version 9.0.1708 with my Yahoo mail account. Suddenly I have lost all ability to send or receive mail. No settings have been changed my end and nothing shows up in the ‘error log’ Any ideas please as it’s got me stumped. Thank you in advance.

I’m having the same problem with my Exchange account under 9.0. I can receive, but can’t send through it. And it doesn’t show up under All Inboxes. Support has been clueless. I tried to go back to 8.0 because this is killing my business but the database changed and I can’t go back.

If you give me the ticket number, I will look into it for you.

[#145012]: Missing messages. Thank you.

@Crisbeq

Currently running version 9.0.1708 with my Yahoo mail account. Suddenly I have lost all ability to send or receive mail.

Could be something has changes on the Yahoo mail server end, or possibly something locally running on your computer in the background causing it and interfering with eM Client.

First thing I would do is see if you can login to your Yahoo account via webmail online using a browser. If you can then login ok, then next if you have any optional installed eg: Firewall / Security programs, optional Antivirus programs or VPNs etc, try completely disabling those to test.

Failing that if you have a normal Yahoo IMAP (Non POP) account, I would next backup eM Client via “Menu / Backup” and then once backed up, go to “Menu / Accounts” and highlight your Yahoo account and click remove at the top. Then re-add your Yahoo account via the automatic email wizard and then see if that fixes the issue.

Could just be you have some local acct issue in eM Client that just needs removing & readding.

I am running 8.2.1466, and strangely Check for Update gives me no update available.

My mom just got the 9.0.1708 update Friday 5/13 and has not been able to send or receive Yahoo mail since then. Yahoo has not changed any IMAP/SMTP settings in many years. She noticed the new individual mail icons happened at the same time.

The log shows Connecting to imap.mail.yahoo.com:993 with TLS … and nothing just spins forever until timing out and trying again 10 minutes later.

Update: The latest log shows System.InvalidOperationException: The operation is not allowed on non-connected sockets.

We are able to get to Yahoo Mail on a web browser after a full cache/data clear. Other common websites work as well, and I am remoting in so the connection is fine.

Question: Is there any reason eM Client wouldn’t be able to connect with IPv6? When I was debugging things I turned 6 off and her connection went completely down. Trace routes show v6 addresses through Mediacom.

Checked all settings nothing wrong my end or with Yahoo, looks like an EMCLIENT error

What are the errors in Menu > Operations > Log tab? The will be SMTP and IMAP errors for Yahoo! if it is not connecting.

Hi Gary, thanks for the reply. I have given up on POP3 and have changed over to IMAP. This now works but I have emails from one account appearing in the second accounts inbox as well. Both accounts have the same settings apart from the email address settings obviously.

Log tab info is as follows;
20:29:34 Grant Logistics - Email IMAP Synchronizing folder ‘/Inbox’
20:29:34 Neil Grant - Email IMAP Synchronizing folder list
20:29:34 Grant Logistics - Email IMAP Synchronizing folder list
20:29:36 Grant Logistics - Email IMAP Synchronizing folder ‘/Inbox’
20:29:36 Grant Logistics - Email IMAP Synchronizing folder ‘/Archive’
20:29:36 Grant Logistics - Email IMAP Synchronizing folder ‘/browse’
20:29:37 Grant Logistics - Email IMAP Synchronizing folder ‘/Drafts’
20:29:37 Neil Grant - Email IMAP Synchronizing folder ‘/Inbox’
20:29:37 Neil Grant - Email IMAP Synchronizing folder ‘/Archive’
20:29:37 Neil Grant - Email IMAP Synchronizing folder ‘/browse’
20:29:38 Grant Logistics - Email IMAP Synchronizing folder ‘/Follow up’
20:29:38 Grant Logistics - Email IMAP Synchronizing folder ‘/Junk’
20:29:38 Neil Grant - Email IMAP Synchronizing folder ‘/Drafts’
20:29:38 Grant Logistics - Email IMAP Synchronizing folder ‘/Junk E-mail’
20:29:39 Grant Logistics - Email IMAP Synchronizing folder ‘/Misc’
20:29:39 Grant Logistics - Email IMAP Synchronizing folder ‘/Priority’
20:29:39 Neil Grant - Email IMAP Synchronizing folder ‘/Follow up’
20:29:39 Grant Logistics - Email IMAP Synchronizing folder ‘/Sent’
20:29:40 Neil Grant - Email IMAP Synchronizing folder ‘/Junk’
20:29:40 Grant Logistics - Email IMAP Synchronizing folder ‘/Trash’
20:29:40 Neil Grant - Email IMAP Synchronizing folder ‘/Junk E-mail’
20:29:41 Grant Logistics - Email IMAP Synchronizing folder ‘/Unwanted’
20:29:41 Neil Grant - Email IMAP Synchronizing folder ‘/Misc’
20:29:42 Neil Grant - Email IMAP Synchronizing folder ‘/Priority’
20:29:42 Neil Grant - Email IMAP Synchronizing folder ‘/Sent’
20:29:44 Neil Grant - Email IMAP Synchronizing folder ‘/Trash’
20:29:46 Neil Grant - Email IMAP Synchronizing folder ‘/Unwanted’

The log shows everything syncing correctly.

If you are seeing the folders and messages duplicated, then you will need to remove and add the accounts back again. During the browser part of the setup, make sure you log into the correct account. If you setup account B, but enter the credentials in the browser for account A, it will connect to the Inbox for account A.

Hi Gary, yes on creating the 2nd account, Yahoo was inserting the information from the 1st account. IMAP is now working but POP3 refuses. No problem with that. Thanks to you and the community for your assistance, very much appreciated :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Crisbeq

If you have a eg: (Att) Yahoo account like the below eM Client forum POP user below, they had to create a "OAuth security key on their Att side and put that as their account key which then fixed the login pop problem.

So was just a thought if you have an Att Yahoo account or have an option to put in an OAuth key in your account end.

https://forum.emclient.com/t/possible-solution-for-red-triangle-issue-on-v9-yahoo-pop-smtp-servers/81429

@Rickmckc

I did a little research and decided to create the Oauth security key on the ATT side and put that key in the eM Client account password field and viola, works perfectly again.

for two days my email stopped coming in. I made no changes to my pc. it just stopped sending or recevieving