Sub sub folders

Under my inbox I have subfolders, some of these have their own subfolders and some even have a further subfolder.  Eg: Inbox / Financial / Barclays / Insurance - this worked on my old laptop but my new laptop will not allow the last tier.  The message I get is:

"[IMAP] Unable to create the folder [email address]/Inbox/Financial/Barclays/Insurance on the server (Inbox/Financial/Barclays allows no subfolder)

The only difference I can see is that I have changed from pop3 to imap.  Can you shed any light on this please?

Hi Simon, this unfortunately seems to be a mail server issue as the server side does not allow you to create the subfolder on the server. The subfolder tree seems to be limited on the server, please contact your mail service vendor support in order to resolve this issue.

You may have been able to create the subfolder while you were using the POP3 account as POP3 accounts are not synchronized with the mail server and all the data are downloaded from the server and saved locally. eM Client does not limit the subfolder level, so you could have created the subfolder while you were using local data.

Hope this helps,
Paul

Many thanks Paul - at least I understand where the issue lies!

Simon

Glad I could help, please make sure to let us know if you come across any other issues or questions about the application, we’ll be happy to help.

Thank you,
Paul