Sub folders/directories after upgrade to v7

I had a lot of sub folders/directories under my inbox subdirectories that are not showing up since the upgrade. How can I get them to show up? Are they just taking a long time to sync?

Hello Loni,
what mail account does this happen with?
Are there any errors?
Has the synchronization finished?

Regards,
Olivia

Hi Olivia, It resolved itself. Evidently hadn’t finished sync’ing. Not liking the way the new version displays emails - would rather not have to click on ellipses to see entire thread. Is there a way to change that? Also, when a search for specific emails returns, and I want to move all of said emails to a folder, they won’t move. But they will if I am not moving them from search results. I dislike this as well. A lot. Suggestions?

Gmail accounts…no errors are reported…the program imports correctly my email from a private mail server but even tho the “import” says all were imported, only the folders for Gmail are imported…no emails, saved or new

Hello Loni,
disable Conversation in Menu>View>Conversations.

As for the Search - is this with a Gmail account? Since we improved the support for Gmail labels and work with the messages the same way google does, the ‘move’ feature has become quite tricky.
All messages are stored in ‘All Mail’ folder and when you view them in other folders it is just a link to that one original, so from Search it is not possible to tell which label you want to remove. So instead of moving the item, it is copied (new lable is added).

If this happens with a different account then it is an issue that needs to be resolved and more info would be appreciated.

Regards,
Olivia

Hello,
I am a bit confused - are both accounts Gmail or just one?
What is the second account’s setup?

Regards,
Olivia

Ugh. Unfortunately it is with a gmail account. I’m really not liking this “improvement.” I really need to be able to move them, and not just copy.

Hello Loni,
the improvement for labels are mostly in speed and synchronizing more contant back to the server.
The side effect is that eM Client 7 works a bit more like the gmail web interface for gmail accounts.

Regards,
Olivia

Which is what I was trying to avoid when I went to emclient…