Stuck at Synchronizing Messages

EM Client was working fine until today where it is stuck at synchronizing messages and shows me no new messages as well as any existing messages in my inbox.  I deleted the account and started it again with the same results.  Also no error messages in the log wither.

Who is your email provider? Is your account setup as IMAP, POP3 or Exchange?

I have a local ISP (Adams Broadband) as my provider.  The account is setup as IMAP.

Thanks

Did you check with the provider if there is some problem?

You can also check that you have the correct port and security policies. The underlined ones are best for security.

SMTP
Port 587 = Force usage of SSL/TLS
Port 25 = Use SSL/TLS if available

IMAP
Port 993 = Use SSL/TLS on special port (legacy)
Port 143 = Use SSL/TLS if available

If that does not help, temporarily disable your anti-virus application, then try again.

Thank you for your suggestions.  I know there is no problem with the provider as I work for them…LOL.  

I know the ports are correct as well.  It is the strangest thing.  It was working fine and then the next time I opened it this problem happened.  I made no changes to anything on the pc.

I will try to disable the av and see what happens.

Thanks

Please let me know if this works for you. I’ve had the same issue with IMAP and tech support was no help. I ended up uninstalling the program. Since I paid for it I’d love to get it to work.

Ok, I will give that a try if the other suggestions I received don’t work.

Thanks

Ive had this problem in the past with Emclient and imap accounts stuck on synchronizing. I normally just remove the imap account and re add again and normally seems to fix it. Otherwise remove the imap account and uninstall and reinstall emclient and re add the account. If that doesn’t work must be a background type program interferring with your mailer like as above comments antivirus / firewall etc.

It seems like the av program is causing the problem.  I use Kaspersky Internet Security (version 18.0.0.405).  Once I paused the protection of the software, my message loaded.  What I don’t get is I have used both of these programs together for awhile now and never had a issue.  Any suggestions as what to do next?

Very strange, same happened to me. Kaspersky is blocking, and it’s only EMClient. Outlook and Thunderbird work fine.  Glad  I found this as was about to ditch EMclient. Now I will ditch Kaspersky.

Kaspersky do provide instructions on their website on how to enable applications or ports. That way you can run both eM Client and Kaspersky.

Here is the Kapersky link on how to enable Trusted Applications -. Scroll down the page there to find your specific version. https://support.kaspersky.com/search?query=trusted%20applications&sec=SupportHome

Yes, after I discovered the conflict with Kapersky I went to their website and got instructions how to enable eM Client.  Everything looks to be working fine again.  I appreciate all of your help.

Exactly what I did.  I appreciate you providing the link though.  Everything seems to be working again.  Thank you.

I’ll try the Kaspersky enable and see what happens. I have Kaspersky and EM client on a win 10 machine and all is well. The win 7 laptop is the one having issues that no one at EM client seems to know what to do with. I’ve sent multiple error logs etc. I’ve also un-installed and re-installed the program multiple times with no change in behavior. Hopefully Kapersky is the trick.

I enabled trusted applications in Kaspersky. Uninstalled and reinstalled EM client. No joy. It was picking up my previous email account automatically upon reinstall so I removed the account so I  now have a totally clean EM Client. Can you direct me to the folders that store the email account information so I can make sure it’s gone. I want to make sure it’s not going to pick up the old account info - I’m not sure if that was the problem or not but it’s the only variable left. Thanks in advance.

The eM Client database is stored at C:\Users_[username]_\AppData\Roaming\eM Client. That includes all settings, signatures etc. Close eM Client and rename the directory. When to start the application again, it will be as with a clean install.

Great suggestion! Thank you kindly.

It’s working now. Renaming the file and starting again was the final ticket. Thank you for your help. You’ve helped me work out in a matter of days what I could not work out with tech support over a couple of months. Really appreciate it. Thank you.

Once everything is working, and you are not missing anything, you can go ahead and delete the folder that you renamed