Strange freeze periods, random crashes, Win 8.1

To start with, I am no computer wizard and have no idea if there is a log somewhere to look up.

I am using Windows 8.1 on my Toshiba laptop, native locale Swedish.

Every now and then (at least once every day) the program frezzes for five minutes,
window turns dim and header saying “program not responding” (but in swedish, of course).

As far as I can tell it is totally random, it can happen when syncing IMAP accounts, sending
mail, adding attachements etc.

About every second time the program crashes totally and the process have to be “killed”.
After restart, the client starts to repair damaged databases. Why ? I have no idea…

I have purchased the “Pro” license. Too bad about this problem, I may have to go back
to Thunderbird again (even tough I like eM a lot better…)

Hi Christian, what version of eM Client are you currently using on your computer, can you please check the exact version number in Help > About? What mail service are you using with eM Client?

Thank you,
Paul

Hi !
Many thanks for very quick reply :slight_smile:

Version is:   6.0.21372.0

What mail service are you using with eM Client?

Can you please download this tool, http://www.emclient.com/tools/emstackdump.exe and run the tool when the application freezes? This will generate a stack dump file in your documents folder, can you please submit the file(s) to my email, [email protected] with a reference link to this forum topic?

Thank you,
Paul

E-mail sent, but  I think I missed the direct link to this forum tread…
I did reffer to the forum in the mail tough. Hope it works ?